It hurt,,but still worth it

dbutton12

.060 Over
Ride
2008 R3T
Downtown Lake George NY........no traffic, three of us with wives, two Horleys, one R3T, one not so cool kiddo with mustang and ugly GF. He had loud pipes and wanted to let the Horleys no he could make noise too!!!
We tolerated him for three stop lights,,then my bud touched off his street glide just ahead of me and I felt obligated to do the same,,,,,except when I whacked the R3, I didn't get the normal tire smoke and squeal. The look from the passenger in the mustang was priceless,,,,,,,,don't think she had ever seen a Touring complete with windshield and passenger fly by on one wheel,,and that was from about a 10mph rolling start. I backed out of it and let'er down softly (I thought) and we stopped down the street for dinner. Wife wasn't happy,,,,I took a kidney punch, two head butts and some vocabulary I won't share.
Moral of story: It was totally worth it!! I am not man enough to do that again with her behind me but it was total fun while it lasted even tho my side still hurts. FYI, I didn't think the Touring could get it up like that or I wouldn't have whacked it that hard....totally expected to break rear tire loose....that extra 140 lb of ballast over rear tire REALLY makes a difference.
Another word of advice...don't refer to wifey as ballast.:mad::mad::mad:

Downtown Lake George NY........no traffic, three of us with wives, two Horleys, one R3T, one not so cool kiddo with mustang and ugly GF. He had loud pipes and wanted to let the Horleys no he could make noise too!!!
We tolerated him for three stop lights,,then my bud touched off his street glide just ahead of me and I felt obligated to do the same,,,,,except when I whacked the R3, I didn't get the normal tire smoke and squeal. The look from the passenger in the mustang was priceless,,,,,,,,don't think she had ever seen a Touring complete with windshield and passenger fly by on one wheel,,and that was from about a 10mph rolling start. I backed out of it and let'er down softly (I thought) and we stopped down the street for dinner. Wife wasn't happy,,,,I took a kidney punch, two head butts and some vocabulary I won't share.
Moral of story: It was totally worth it!! I am not man enough to do that again with her behind me but it was total fun while it lasted even tho my side still hurts. FYI, I didn't think the Touring could get it up like that or I wouldn't have whacked it that hard....totally expected to break rear tire loose....that extra 140 lb of ballast over rear tire REALLY makes a difference.
Got it, no calling the wife "ballast":D:D

Me and Catherine had a laugh yesterday. We were on our way up to a hot rod show up in the mountains. This young fella on a Honda CBR something or other swings in behind us ..first break in the traffic and he's off .. and i'm after him. Rounded him up in no time and around him we went. All the way up this mountain range i stayed right on his tail-light. Tight , twisty corners and he's into it and i'm still there right behind him. Must have given him the sh!ts big time .. a big fat cruiser with saddlebags staying with him :D we laughed at him as he turned off .. poor young bugger !!!

Me and Catherine had a laugh yesterday. We were on our way up to a hot rod show up in the mountains. This young fella on a Honda CBR something or other swings is behind us ..first break in the traffic and he's off .. and i'm after him. Rounded him up in no time and around him we went. All the way up this mountain range i stayed right on his tail-light. Tight , twisty corners and he's into it and i'm still there right behind him. Must have given him the sh!ts big time .. a big fat cruiser with saddlebags staying with him :D we laughed at him as he turned off .. poor young bugger !!!

LOL, I always get a chuckle when they are looking miles back to see how far they've pulled away and you scare the crap out of them with 2 big lights staring them down. Now TC, I look forward to the day I can punt it loaded with bags and pillion round the snakes on the tail of the Japa's.:D

I would have paid to see that,one of my favorite destinations to ride.:)

Attachments

• IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 116
I've accidentally picked up the front wheel twice on my Touring, both times with a pillion.

LOL, I always get a chuckle when they are looking miles back to see how far they've pulled away and you scare the crap out of them with 2 big lights staring them down. Now TC, I look forward to the day I can punt it loaded with bags and pillion round the snakes on the tail of the Japa's.:D

I must admit. my level of riding is still not that great and i cant level the playing field on the corners but i'm right back on em when even the shortest straight comes up.

...that extra 140 lb of ballast over rear tire REALLY makes a difference.

And yet another word of advice, next time, you might want to reconsider actually publishing her weight. My wife is tiny but if I ever mentioned her weight in public it would get real ugly around here.

I understand the kidney punch. This last trip to the sisters we were running along (3 bikes) in radio communication. The first two made it around a slow car in front and I got stuck. They radioed back the all clear and I started around the car in a gentle left hand curve. I didn't think I was going all that fast but when I got around him I was doing nearly 100 mph...I thought the "ballast" was going to beat me to death before I could get it back down to a more reasonable speed.

Back