Issues after a pipe change

Rcook

.020 Over
Ride
2007 Triumph Rocket 3
Greetings. I have a ‘07 Rocket 3. I had to change the stock exhaust to something louder so seniors in the area were more aware of me when I was on the road. Now I get a popping sound and the the bike almost wants to stall out when I down shift. As I said I went from a stock set up to basically a free flowing pipe setup (very little baffling). It was suggested to me to purchase a Dynojet Power Commander V and install that onto the bike. It was explained that I could change the mapping and that would elevate the problem. Has anyone done this and had success? I just do not want to throw $350 away to get more

What exhaust did you install? Could you post a pic? Was the intake changed also? Louder exhaust usually means more airflow requiring more fuel. If all that intake plumbing was removed also for something like a RamAir foam filter or some other brand, you will be very lean. As already stated, Tune ECU will provide a tune for the earlier pre Roadster Rockets. Pick one that fits your model, then intake/exhaust profile and install. You will need a Lonelec cable also. Tune ECU is available as freeware for your laptop or you could purchase it for an Android device which is a lot faster.

What exhaust did you install? Could you post a pic? Was the intake changed also? Louder exhaust usually means more airflow requiring more fuel. If all that intake plumbing was removed also for something like a RamAir foam filter or some other brand, you will be very lean. As already stated, Tune ECU will provide a tune for the earlier pre Roadster Rockets. Pick one that fits your model, then intake/exhaust profile and install. You will need a Lonelec cable also. Tune ECU is available as freeware for your laptop or you could purchase it for an Android device which is a lot faster.
what is a Lonelec Cable?

No to the Intake being changed.

Dain’s Exhaust System. Basically removed everything from the connection pipe bavk (cat and 3 pipes removed) put a larger single almost open pipe on.

Attachments

• 59DF27CA-4590-4945-930B-0C3CEA8ED76E.jpeg
    59DF27CA-4590-4945-930B-0C3CEA8ED76E.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
what is a Lonelec Cable?

i put on a

nice rocket III classic tourer
when you put pipes/muffler on it allows more air to come in from the exhaust and sometimes really bang i control my thru the use of the clutch
for example if in a school zone pull the clutch in so to eliminate the bang.
lonelec cable is to communicate with ecu.

with an android operated computer or phone
you download the tuneecu app
with the the app and cable u can use to check a lot of things. small price

nice rocket III classic tourer
when you put pipes/muffler on it allows more air to come in from the exhaust and sometimes really bang i control my thru the use of the clutch
for example if in a school zone pull the clutch in so to eliminate the bang.
lonelec cable is to communicate with ecu.
Thank you! I brought the bike used but it was kept in great condition.

Can’t wait to get down to Florida and try this out. At the same time, I think I will throw on a K&N Air Filter to let it breath even more.

I will keep you all updated on the progress. Ordered my tuner and filter today. I will be down to work on it at the end of the month.

Back