Skanska161

.060 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket 3 touring
i did the 12 minute tune. Butt never did the ISCV reset. If that a big issue on how e bike will run?

Unless it was not optimum beforehand, I don't think so. I do 12 minute tune every time I mess with the TuneECU file. Have not reset the ISCV yet, and I note that the bike finds and sets the appropriate idle speed quickly during the 12 minute process.

If you had reason to think the ISCV was not operating as it should, resetting it would help get it back on track.

Unless it was not optimum beforehand, I don't think so. I do 12 minute tune every time I mess with the TuneECU file. Have not reset the ISCV yet, and I note that the bike finds and sets the appropriate idle speed quickly during the 12 minute process.

If you had reason to think the ISCV was not operating as it should, resetting it would help get it back on track.
Ok cool. I have a little deceleration pop, and didn't know if that was the issue. Just did tune, intake and exhaust.

The decel pop is a pesky bugger....as long as you not blowing your baffles out, it won't kill....but well, I first disabled my O2 sensor, and trimmed the low end about 5%. That works OK. But I installed a Power Tripp tune today, and it trims the top end for more power up there, and reenabled the O2 sensor. Popping is still well controlled. I think I will leave the O2 sensor enabled, and install a O2 sensor bypass plug, that tricks the ECU into thinking the engine is already quite lean. I'll see what that does. It would be nice to have no popping, powerful top end, and great fuel economy. I know that's a lot to shoot for but....well, gotta try.

The decel pop is a pesky bugger....as long as you not blowing your baffles out, it won't kill....but well, I first disabled my O2 sensor, and trimmed the low end about 5%. That works OK. But I installed a Power Tripp tune today, and it trims the top end for more power up there, and reenabled the O2 sensor. Popping is still well controlled. I think I will leave the O2 sensor enabled, and install a O2 sensor bypass plug, that tricks the ECU into thinking the engine is already quite lean. I'll see what that does. It would be nice to have no popping, powerful top end, and great fuel economy. I know that's a lot to shoot for but....well, gotta try.
Lol ya the pop is a pain in the ass. What does disabling the O2 sensor do? Make it run richer?

Yes, it will run richer because it will be stuck in open loop mode, it then refers to the fuel map for running instructions. In closed loop mode the ecu strives for lean of peak all the time. And as each year passes, it gets leaner and leaner. And to the extent that you've done mods, you may have introduced some excessively lean conditions, and tinkering with the tune is how we overcome that. Of course by fattening up the fuel curve you also obtain the power you were hoping to get by putting those mods on!

Yes, it will run richer because it will be stuck in open loop mode, it then refers to the fuel map for running instructions. In closed loop mode the ecu strives for lean of peak all the time. And as each year passes, it gets leaner and leaner. And to the extent that you've done mods, you may have introduced some excessively lean conditions, and tinkering with the tune is how we overcome that. Of course by fattening up the fuel curve you also obtain the power you were hoping to get by putting those mods on!
Awsome info!! Thank you very much.

Moved my air temp sensor. Helped out a lot!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 8
Back