ISCV Reset... Throttle Body Balance Question??

Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
I have read over the thread on balancing throttle bodies and it was fairly well explained. I did have a question which is to follow later.....

So I hooked up TuneECU today to see if I needed to try and balance my throttle bodies. Basically, 1 & 2 are pretty close (in spite of the screen shot). Both are running together at around 630 with periodic fluctuations to 640 on cyl 2. Cylinder 3 fluctuates between 610 and 620 seeming to like 610 a little more.

For you balancing people, do you think it warrants monkeying with at this stage of the game? With that said, my real question is.....there is discussion in the balancing thread about resetting the ISCV with the engine off but key on.

QUESTION: Where might that ISCV reset option be in tuneECU. Is it under Adjust ISCV? Or somewhere else in TuneECU. I see and know how to reset the Adaptive and do the 12 minute tune. I like to know exactly where I'm at and where I am going to be in the process before I start anything. A GOOD PLAN IS BETTER THAN NO PLAN AT ALL!

I probably will not mess with it further today as it looks like storms will be rolling in big time for today and tomorrow. If I am going to tackle the balancing, I might as well swap out the plugs, pull the tank and change out the fuel filter while I have everything tore off to get at the adjusting screws.

image.jpeg

I wouldn't bother with the balance as it looks to be not too far out of sync, and yes, reset adaptives is under adjust ISCV but if you haven't touched anything there is no need to reset as far as i'm aware.

I wonder if the throttle bodies can be balanced with the throttle locked at like 1800 RPMS or so instead of at idle in which the numbers always bounce around? I've read some where that is the best way but wasn't sure about it.

I wouldn't bother with the balance as it looks to be not too far out of sync, and yes, reset adaptives is under adjust ISCV but if you haven't touched anything there is no need to reset as far as i'm aware.

Okay..sounds like a plan...but in the instructions I found on the forum, they talk about resetting the ISCV as though it is different from resetting the Adaptives. If that is the case, then where do you find that ISCV reset option in TuneECU. Is it an option under the Reset Adaptives option or are the two things one in the same? I didn't do a lot of poking around through the menus when I was in TuneECU today. Just trying to get my ducks in a row for the future.

As long as the throttles are within 10 hPa of each other they will be fine any more and I correct it.

It doesn't hurt to run the "adjust ISCV" function which is on the lower left of the page (your screenshot) you simply double click it and follow the instructions.
It is good way of checking that All is Good the TPS can move due to vibrations etc, I usually run it while waiting for engine oil to drain so it has become part of my service sequence

Please who can help me out of this : I want to check/balance the throttlebodies with Tune Ecu but which 'clicking'do I have to make on the testingscreen/page ?
A double click on 'adjust ISCV' shows the question if I want to adjust the ISCV. No, I want to balance the throttlebodies.
A double click on 'reset adaptation'gives a 'reset adaptation? Ok, I tried 'yes' and a humming from the engine but no option 'balance throttle bodies' I hope nothing bad happened with clicking 'yes'...
Where might be the option of balancing and adjusting the throttlebodies??

Please who can help me out of this : I want to check/balance the throttlebodies with Tune Ecu but which 'clicking'do I have to make on the testingscreen/page ?
A double click on 'adjust ISCV' shows the question if I want to adjust the ISCV. No, I want to balance the throttlebodies.
A double click on 'reset adaptation'gives a 'reset adaptation? Ok, I tried 'yes' and a humming from the engine but no option 'balance throttle bodies' I hope nothing bad happened with clicking 'yes'...
Where might be the option of balancing and adjusting the throttlebodies??
With tune ecu connected start the engine and the 3 cyl Windows on the test page will show the balance values . The balance is adjusted via the 2 Philips screws on the linkage shafts at the back of the throttle bodies !

You need to click the tab "tests" and you should get the screen as at top of this post. With the engine running it will show the pull in hpa of each cylinder. If the spread is greater than 10 then adjust them.
I adjust my TPS also and ISCV as part of the ceremony then go back to check the balance again afterwards. My thoughts are the more spot on everything is the smoother the bike and more room for drift before consequences.

Tnx for your response. However, no needles are moving on the ECU testing screen when the engine is running. Do I also have to click somewhere ?

You need to see the image posted earlier. This shows the three cylinders and their individual readings which you need to adjust to be within 10 of each other.

Back