ISCV and TPS reset?

Bob R

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3T
So, it has been down this long and is apart. I am doing the throttle bodies tonight. I would also like to do the ISCV and TPS checks on it at this time. There are tons of threads on how to sort of do that but not a real clear winner that does it step by step. I will be using Tune ECU on a laptop so from what I have read it is pretty straight forward but nothing outlining the basics. I believe it is done with engine not running and from there the instructions are in Tune ECU? Pretend you are talking to a retard because I am feeling it these days after my whole gas tank saga. :( ;)

bob

The reward of servicing your own bike will be worth it. There is a post on the procedure that is exactly what you are looking for. Let me do some searching.

It’s petty basic.

Connect a charger to the bike. Or pull the headlight fuse. Tuneecu hates low voltage.

And before you begin, I suggest balancing the throttle bodies, then do the ISCV reset.

1. Get tuneecu connected to the bike with the engine NOT running.
2. Select ISCV reset
3. At the bottom of the screen it will tell you to adjust the throttle position sensor to read .6 volts. This TPS is located on the #3 throttle body. Just loosen slightly the one retaining screw and slowly move the sensor till the voltage plus at .6 volts as indicated on the tuneecu screen.
4. Once you are satisfied, click again on the ISCV button and it will tell you to adjust to .72 volts. This is accomplished by adjusting the small nut on the bottom of the idle stepper motor. You will need an 8mm wrench. Make small adjustments till the .72 volts is displayed.
5. Once this is done, click ISCV button again, and follow the directions on tuneecu screen.
6. Reset adaptives.
7. Select disconnect if you are finished.

It’s petty basic.

Connect a charger to the bike. Or pull the headlight fuse. Tuneecu hates low voltage.

And before you begin, I suggest balancing the throttle bodies, then do the ISCV reset.

1. Get tuneecu connected to the bike with the engine NOT running.
2. Select ISCV reset
3. At the bottom of the screen it will tell you to adjust the throttle position sensor to read .6 volts. This TPS is located on the #3 throttle body. Just loosen slightly the one retaining screw and slowly move the sensor till the voltage plus at .6 volts as indicated on the tuneecu screen.
4. Once you are satisfied, click again on the ISCV button and it will tell you to adjust to .72 volts. This is accomplished by adjusting the small nut on the bottom of the idle stepper motor. You will need an 8mm wrench. Make small adjustments till the .72 volts is displayed.
5. Once this is done, click ISCV button again, and follow the directions on tuneecu screen.
6. Reset adaptives.
7. Select disconnect if you are finished.
Pretty good write up. But its a 7mm wrench on the stepper motor nut.the .60 vots has a tolerance of +/- .02volts. Write down your setting. Then when you double click the ISCV reset again your looking for a .12 volt climb. This means if you got it set exactly at .60 volts the first time you should see .72 volts. Now the reason you wrote what vtage you first set. Is simple if you ended up at .61 volts which is in tolerance your still going to look for a .12 volt movement so exact would be .73 volts. The second voltage tolerance is +/- .05 volts. After you reset the adaptives run the 12 minute tune.

Back