Is this leak in roadster entitles for head gasket change

Rahul

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 Roadster
Hi I purchased Feb 2015 Roadster in December 2016 which was a press bike of Triumph India.

They have given me 2 years Warranty.

IMG-20170409-WA0016.jpg

If you see there is some kind of leak. This had never happened, but on the day when I took the bike above 180 kmph.

Its been over two weeks of continuous daily riding, which does not exceeds 120 mph and hardly 50 miles per day.

No further leaks has been seen.

Triumph team is advising to change the head gasket and I personally do not think that a vehicle which is hardly two years old and less thank 10000 KMS should need head gasket replacement.

Please advice.

Hello Rahul and welcome from Virginia. I think it has all been said above about your situation. Good luck

How many miles on the bike? Mine started to leak a little over 25,000 but it was time for a valve check anyways.

Ive just experienced the exact same problem today. Looks like it has started to leak over cylinder #1. I don't have a local Triumph dealer close to me. Can someone suggest an online company where I could get the gasket from. Thank you

Guess what?! Your Triumph dealer doesn't have a mechanic on staff.

Valve cover gasket, should be covered under warranty, BUT DONT LET THAT DEALER TOUCH IT if they're the ones who told you its the Head Gasket.

It's a common issue, resulting from a sloppy technician at the Hinkley factory. The part I've circled shows the gasket slightly askew, it's exactly as mine looked, and a couple others I've seen photos of complaining of the same problem, usually by cylinder 1, though yours is between 2 and 3.

55259_cd115c442f9f97a762209ec65dc37036.jpg

Ive just experienced the exact same problem today. Looks like it has started to leak over cylinder #1. I don't have a local Triumph dealer close to me. Can someone suggest an online company where I could get the gasket from. Thank you
Hermys truimph online is good for parts. Each bolt has a washer which should be replaced while replacing the gasket. ;););););)

Back