Is This How a Tradesman Feels........

Gregger

Living Legend
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster
but-i-can-fix-what-stupid(1).png

So what do you think?

Sometimes I can't help but agree. As a tradesman who worked in a GM dealership from 1972 to 1980 as an automotive mechanic, then underground on heavy equipment in a large copper zinc mine on heavy loaders, trucks and drills, getting my Diesel Endorsement and Heavy Equipment certificate until 1994, then in management to the current day I've seen it all. TG I'M RETIRING IN 4 MONTHS.

Once went on a call to fix a no start condition on a customer's car. The engine would turn over normally but no start. The owner asks the million dollar question..... "Is it the battery?". Sigh....... STUPID!!

I have known some pretty stupid mechanics as well , like the one who tried to tighten weld a hole in a motorcycle petrol tank without first filling it with sand . But the prize goes to the one who tried to rev an automatic car whilst still in drive from under the bonnet . Now that was proper stupid but oh so funny !

but-i-can-fix-what-stupid(1).png

So what do you think?

Sometimes I can't help but agree. As a tradesman who worked in a GM dealership from 1972 to 1980 as an automotive mechanic, then underground on heavy equipment in a large copper zinc mine on heavy loaders, trucks and drills, getting my Diesel Endorsement and Heavy Equipment certificate until 1994, then in management to the current day I've seen it all. TG I'M RETIRING IN 4 MONTHS.

Once went on a call to fix a no start condition on a customer's car. The engine would turn over normally but no start. The owner asks the million dollar question..... "Is it the battery?". Sigh....... STUPID!!

And no doubt it was just out of gas? :confused:

drained oil in motor once while shop foreman was watching stuck dipstick in showed him nothing was on the stick told him we need a longer dipstick because there was no oil on stick saw him write model # down get on phone and order it we then filled motor up with oil

drained oil in motor once while shop foreman was watching stuck dipstick in showed him nothing was on the stick told him we need a longer dipstick because there was no oil on stick saw him write model # down get on phone and order it we then filled motor up with oil

C'mon man............ No way

If at a service center he wasn't dumb at all, a sale is sale. Selling parts required or not is an art form for many such shops. He could always blame the dumb mechanics if the customer queried it. ;):D

I have known some pretty stupid mechanics as well , like the one who tried to tighten weld a hole in a motorcycle petrol tank without first filling it with sand . But the prize goes to the one who tried to rev an automatic car whilst still in drive from under the bonnet . Now that was proper stupid but oh so funny !

well on a bad day i started my 14 foot rail mud racer with 36 inch paddles holding the carb wot and hitting a remote starter button i had hooked up. me and the car went right through a chain link gate.
and we wont talk about the guy i ran over with those paddle tires at a different time. lucky i was not on the throttle hard or i would have peeled him like a banana.
if u r around cars all your life $hit happens. looking back i can still remember the startald look on his face

Back