Is there enough space....

Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
to run a 55 profile on the rear of the new Rockets?...
Someone who is already riding one may be able to answer this.
I managed to get over 15000kms out of my last Exedra max on my 2016 Roadster and it may be a very good option for the new gen bikes....if you want a 55 profile and not a 50 that is.
??

Tal - How much space is there now!.

When Sam made the THUGS pipes they were made for the 50 tyres - When I fitted an E-Max I had to apply adaptive skills (with BF&I) to get a 55 in.

The 55 will be 1/2" (13mm) wider radius. - Allow SOME radial expansion - it's marginal (1-2mm) - Also note that some 50 tyres have more tread depth than others and this does affect the real world NEW rolling radius.

Basically if you don't have about an inch twixt tyre and pipe - I'd not bother trying.

No prob with exhausts or swingarm. Might have to be a bit creative with those two "mudguard" sections tho... one at the front might be easily "adjusted" but the rear satellite thingo is gonna take some thinking about.

Unless you scrap it and fit one of them thar tail tidies as per other threads here....

The new R3 has the Avon Chrome - great tyre
Also if the satellite guard hits just install a couple of spacers to the two mounting bolts

Havnt had the chromes but believe theyr'e pretty good. Just wondering about the E max cos i got great mileage from my last two....

@Tal - I'd also think about the POTENTIAL issue of tyre size. Whilst a 55 did NOT spook the ABS on the 2300 - the entire ABS etc is very different on the 2500 - with cornering ABS etc. All these gizmos do (without doubt) allow a greater sense of security - and I think most would accept now that ABS is overall a plus. It does however mean that some design tolerances become very fussy.

@Tal - I'd also think about the POTENTIAL issue of tyre size. Whilst a 55 did NOT spook the ABS on the 2300 - the entire ABS etc is very different on the 2500 - with cornering ABS etc. All these gizmos do (without doubt) allow a greater sense of security - and I think most would accept now that ABS is overall a plus. It does however mean that some design tolerances become very fussy.
Good point!....i am of course researching a number of different items regarding the new bike in my wait for it!!as you do!!...so tyres are in the mix for sure!

Back