Is there anyone in north Dallas area that works on Triumphs other than dealer?

rocket51

.060 Over
Ride
09 Rocket Touring
I am having problems with my 09 Rocket touring that I am not able to fix, I have done all I know to do and I give up. It is stalling while going down the road and it is building up air pressure in the gas tank which I never noticed before. I would rather not take the bike to a dealer, I would prefer to take it to someone within the North Dallas area that is not a dealer but knows what they are doing and has diagnostic ability. If there is someone that reads this post that believes they can help me or know of someone that could help me please email me at tcinjesus@yahoo.com, thanks, Tim

Have you had your tank up recently? You may have the vent hose crimped and the "air" you are having may just be fuel vapor that can't escape. Any other under tank work done that may have swapped around vacuum hoses, etc?

Yes I have had the tank up a lot lately. I was having trouble with stalling and replaced plugs and gas filter. I had gas leak when replaced filter so up it went again, then I broke screw on bottom housing of tank and had to fix that . I finally got it going and bike ran fine for about two days, then it started stalling again and the air pressure started again. I have had the tank up probally 8 times in the last 6 weeks. I have spent to much time working on it and I am not qualified for the job, so I give up, but hate to take to Stealer.

If the breather hoses aren't breathing them the tank will pressurise with the expansion of the gasses when it is in the sun, and go into partial vacuum when fuel is being pumped out when you are riding. A simple way to check is to loosen off the fuel cap a little next time it cuts out. If you can restart the engine, and it keeps running, then the fuel tank isn't breathing correctly.

Thanks, Tex

My guy "Muggzy Malone" AKA Jon at aliencycle.com is a freakin genius. He is responsible for successfully getting my 06 force fed. He and Neville Lush of Lush Racing (via telephone) and Tune ECU took care of the tuning. Jon can do anything. But, he takes his time and don't take no crap or no lip from nobody. He has had my 06 apart several times. MOF I am supposed to pic it up soon.

Also, he may or may not agree to work on it. He is an old school Hardly mechanic. When he rides (which I have never seen him on a bike) he rides a vintage flat head 80 military w sidecar. A real character.

Idk, it may be the hoses, I have run the bike without the cap and it runs fine.

Sounds like you have found your culprit per Ian's info above. Checking all of the hoses under your tank will be way cheaper than a mechanic

Back