Elvis

Living the Dream!
Ride
2008 R3T
I bought this one new in March of 08 and by the time I added accessories I had spent 20k on it. I have the original and touring windshield. Also have the accessory pipes and original mufflers. I added the sissy bar with the large pad, triumph sissy bar bag, fog lights and visors. The bike has 9937 miles on it and about 3000 miles on the Metzlers from the tire recall last year. I have since added a set of 140 watt Rumble Road Ultras with wiring for an MP3 player. I bought a Willie windshield bag but have not put it on yet.

If you are interested or no someone that is let me know. I bought a new Challenger SRT 8 Thanksgiving weekend and have been really enjoying it.:D

IMG_0386.jpg

I'm not in the market but I know someone that might be. How much?

I don't know for sure, let me do some checking and I will get back to you. Since there has not been many of these sold, it is hard to guage what the market is.

I will let him know about your bike and if he gets more serious I will try to point him your direction. Sorry you have to sell but good luck and I hope it brings what you want.

Big T

Elvis,

I sincerely hope you get the 15K, but I think that's being a bit overly optimistic. I doubt you'll get more than around $13K. Accessories don't mean anything on a used bike in terms of re-sale. Sure, they'll help sell the bike, but you literally can't get more than 20-25% of what they cost new. Your best bet would be to strip the accessories and sell them separately on Ebay of forums. You can generally get 50-60% of retail on them by doing it that way.

Best of luck with selling the bike!

You may be right about having to strip it, but the extra windshield and exhaust are pretty pricey pieces on this bike and a buyer that wanted one dressed would be way ahead to buy it at the higher price.:D

You may be right about having to strip it, but the extra windshield and exhaust are pretty pricey pieces on this bike and a buyer that wanted one dressed would be way ahead to buy it at the higher price.:D

I know that and you know that, but the banks don't, and they're the ones financing. I pay cash for my bikes, but most don't and what they pay is dictated by what the bank will finance which is book. My R3T is priced at $12,500. I have Rivco risers ($180), Sissy bar and luggage rack ($450), Roadster shield ($450), windshield bag ($70). I'd love to ask $15K, but I'd never see it and you'll likely not either. But again, I hope you do. Hell, I wish they'd all sell for that. ;)

I know that and you know that, but the banks don't, and they're the ones financing. I pay cash for my bikes, but most don't and what they pay is dictated by what the bank will finance which is book. My R3T is priced at $12,500. I have Rivco risers ($180), Sissy bar and luggage rack ($450), Roadster shield ($450), windshield bag ($70). I'd love to ask $15K, but I'd never see it and you'll likely not either. But again, I hope you do. Hell, I wish they'd all sell for that. ;)

The sad thing is the new leftover 2008s are going for 12 or so.

just picked up a 08 r3 classic with awindscreen bags and back rest for 12700 and had to get gap insurance because n.a.d.a say its worth 11500 you never get what you put in to it back out !

Back