John leslie Hogg

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 trike
Hello everyone.
Welcome to the sunny UK, my wife has a rocket 3 trike classic, 2008,amd we are having idling and running issues it races off 2000 rpm when riding (scary coming up to roundabout!) then drops too normal then off up to 2000 rpm again. Does this sound like a tps issue? Have not got tune ecu yet, but do now my way around a multimeter can i test the tps off the trike with out having to reset the ecu? And what resistive values should I see on a good tps?
Great site I feel I will be using it a lot!!!!
Yours hopefully
John ledlie hogg

Welcome from Christchurch New Zealand John.

There are alot of smart people on the site and also alot of very knowledgeable ones to.

I'm sure some of them will be along soon enough to help out with your issue.

G'day and welcome. Sounds like the TPS. You can use TuneECU to set it, but if it keeps going out then replace it.

btw, you may find some helpful stuff in my signature.

Hello John to you and your wife from across the pond in Virginia. My 2014 has had two new TPS over the 66K miles I've ridden on it. Not everyone has issues with these things but I think mine bad ones were built on a Monday. Try replacing it with a Tuesday build, they tend to be the best units...

Hi John and a warm welcome to the forum from a fellow Brit! Many a fine tuned mind circulates within these pages of wisdom and silliness! The remedy is sure to be found soon - just don't ask a simpleton like me!! :rolleyes::roll::roll:

Thanks to everyone have tune ecu on order with a lead so I can really stuff things up just need to get a new primary tps

Back