Introduction of E10 fuel in the UK

Mike Rocket

Rocket 3
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
I have been thinking about the UK introduction of E10 fuel that the government is planning to inflict on the UK in 2021.
My question is this:
If I want to store my R3 Roadster over winter, say for 6 months and it has a full tank of E10 fuel prior to storage should I drain it down to empty as I have read stories that the E10 fuel stabiliser won't work well.
If I do drain it down and completely and empty the tank and run the engine until it runs out of fuel, would the fuel pump and injectors still have enough fuel in them to cause internal damage? If this is the case would I have to remove the pump and injectors to remove all the fuel to make it corrosion proof. (it would be a lot of work but worth it if it saves having to replace damaged parts)
I hope this isn't a stupid question but I am not sure how much residual fuel remains in the pump and injectors.
I would like to hear what your thoughts are on this.
Thanks.

I have been thinking about the UK introduction of E10 fuel that the government is planning to inflict on the UK in 2021.
My question is this:
If I want to store my R3 Roadster over winter, say for 6 months and it has a full tank of E10 fuel prior to storage should I drain it down to empty as I have read stories that the E10 fuel stabiliser won't work well.
If I do drain it down and completely and empty the tank and run the engine until it runs out of fuel, would the fuel pump and injectors still have enough fuel in them to cause internal damage? If this is the case would I have to remove the pump and injectors to remove all the fuel to make it corrosion proof. (it would be a lot of work but worth it if it saves having to replace damaged parts)
I hope this isn't a stupid question but I am not sure how much residual fuel remains in the pump and injectors.
I would like to hear what your thoughts are on this.
Thanks.
iv just looked on googlies and they reckon all vehicles made after 2011 should be e10 compatible , my rockets an 05 so im planning on avoiding e10 where ever possible.

Hello Mike, the fuel stabilizer does work even for six months. Add it before your last ride and let it flow into all the injectors and fuel system, you will be okay. But how can you go that long without riding? Do you have a spare bike at least?

Yes that is why manufactures say safe for in my case e-85 i have a truck that says ok to use, special lines and materials used in this type of fuel system :thumbsup:

Hopefully England will be too sensible to insist we all have to use fuel grades with a ethanol content higher than 10%. If they do then all of my bikes will be museum pieces and join the ranks of the steam engines only coming out for show and nostalgia with a loss in cash value too.

Back