Introducing Myself From East TN

shotokan

Standard Bore
Hello Everyone:

Joined this forum because I've always liked the Rocket and may own one soon. I have a Goldwing and a Valkyrie now. Like working on my bikes and riding, of course! Good to read all the posts here. Lots of good information.

I'll second what CanberraR3 posted for sure. I was on a VTX1800C. Love my new R3R and use to ride in your neck of the woods too when I lived there in Oak Ridge , then it was a 81 GL1100. Nice bunch of people here too.

I guess all I need is a Valk now, did have my eye on a yellow/blk one. The guy was not nterested in selling, I got the rocket.

Thanks For the Welcome

Yes, it looks like a lot of good folks here. I live about 30 miles south of Knoxville and some of the best roads right in this area.....Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Blue Ridge Parkway, and so on. The Valk and the Rocket seem to go together,,,kind of similar features but that Rocket motor is in a class all by itself!!! I'd never get rid of my Valk Tourer but I think a Rocket Tourer would be the perfect companion for it. One thing I wonder about though, is why didn't Triumph go with a hydraulic clutch on the Rocket.....instead of a cable clutch. I always thought that the hydraulic clutch would go better with a bike that is high power and high torque. I know this is probably not the forum to be bringing up the clutch, but thought I'd wonder out loud.

Last edited:
Yes, it looks like a lot of good folks here. I live about 30 miles south of Knoxville and some of the best roads right in this area.....Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Blue Ridge Parkway, and so on. The Valk and the Rocket seem to go together,,,kind of similar features but that Rocket motor is in a class all by itself!!! I'd never get rid of my Valk Tourer but I think a Rocket Tourer would be the perfect companion for it. One thing I wonder about though, is why didn't Triumph go with a hydraulic clutch on the Rocket.....instead of a cable clutch. I always thought that the hydraulic clutch would go better with a bike that is high power and high torque. I know this is probably not the forum to be bringing up the clutch, but thought I'd wonder out loud.
You are one lucky guy!!
I have to tide 1000 miles to Maggie Valley and all you have to do is open your back door and you are there:D
Welcome from Tulsa OK.:)

Back