Introducing myself as Ellbeeare

ellbeeare

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 Roadster
Hello, I have a 2012 Rocket Roadster and have put the smaller Panniers on so I can still fit the dress bars. I elected to have the broader mirror stems and the oval mirrors, Windshield, King n Queen seat with backrests for rider and if ever there is one - the pillion and carry rack. It is gloss Black with blue insets - hate a black only bike. Had a painter do the same to the panniers.
Bought it brand new and rode it from Sydney to home 5 hours north of the border into Queensland. So a ride like that first up should give me a well run in bike life. Never had any problems with it and a dream on the road but have to watch slow riding over rough ground with those wide rear tires.
Has anyone heard if Michelin are going to make those tire sizes?
Two things someone may be able to steer me in the right direction - There are handle bar spacers that bring the bar toward the rider about an inch and would like to get some as the cables I think don't need to be altered.
The other thing is I find the bar grips are slippery and wonder if there are alternate grips or maybe even some slip overs? Looking for softer more rubbery sticky grips? Something to help on trips is a palm rest on the throttle grip for maintaining a constant speed easier.
Be good if there was something available, i would appreciate any help.

Attachments

• Triumph R 111003.JPG
    Triumph R 111003.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 16
WELCOME! to the R3 family forum. Others will be along to help with your questions as I run the Triumph heated grips and have never looked into the handlebar spacer. When I had a crampbuster it came with a wide rubber band to give it extra non-slip bite.
-MIG :ninja:

1.png

Welcome from Brisbane, Rivco risers, 1” pullback and 2” rise and the ISO grips are a favorite of mine, links below

Back