good topic for discussion..if I even THINK that a car might pull out in front of me or turn left in front of me, I try to use the SMIDSY weave..it's in the comment section of your link along with a video..ride safe..

I've said this before ,every time I ride my bikes. "Who's going to try and kill me today." Your never going to be 100% safe out there. Each year a new batch of fledgling riders/drivers hits the road. The baby boomer population is get a lot older. Drugs and alcohol are still a factor. The only person that will save your life is you.

Last edited:
I think it applies more to the person in the cage waiting..... to pull out in front of you. :eek:

Oh, yes, I got that. I guess I meant more of understanding how this works from a car driver's perspective so I can process it as a motorcyclist.

Hi all,

I believe part of the "motion induced blindness" is a reason to keep your eyes moving. Instead of staring at the center dot, keep your eyes moving. If you do that, none of the dots disappear. Or, stare at one of the yellow dots and notice what disappears.

This applies to all of us, no matter what we are riding or driving. Keep looking everywhere. Keep looking far ahead.

Later,
Jerry C

Back