Interesting alternative pipes :)

GreenmanAZ

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket III Classic, Sprint ST
As a new to me Rocket III Classic owner, I cannot of course stop searching for ways to pimp the machine further...

I found these on ebay and thought I would post the link for interest, I think they look and sound quite cool. I do not own these but am seriously considering them for a pipe upgrade :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271418631215

I have emailed the chap several time and he certainly seems to know what he is doing and, he owns a Rocket, so he can't be half bad eh?

I do have a wmv file but do not know how to upload it!

rkt3Ex.JPG

Those are Zard - look then up.
Me thinks - cool design, WAY over priced and I hear not too good on the dyno.

As a new to me Rocket III Classic owner, I cannot of course stop searching for ways to pimp the machine further...

I found these on ebay and thought I would post the link for interest, I think they look and sound quite cool. I do not own these but am seriously considering them for a pipe upgrade :)

I have emailed the chap several time and he certainly seems to know what he is doing and, he owns a Rocket, so he can't be half bad eh?

rkt3Ex.JPG

They are not Zards ......they are made in the UK.....the Zard version cost nearly £1200.....I've had both .....I am always chopping and changing.....at the moment I have a full Zard Inox system fitted ......I also have a set of Preds

rkt3Ex.JPG

Save yourself some money just stuff a potato in each of your pipes and you will get the same results. Your better off looking for a set of used predators or some jardine pipes. Unless you want new ones then I would go with a Carpenter Megaphone. In the US thats about all that you will find unless you want a slip on and keep the OEM tractor header which also robs the exhaust flow.

Save yourself some money just stuff a potato in each of your pipes and you will get the same results. Your better off looking for a set of used predators or some jardine pipes. Unless you want new ones then I would go with a Carpenter Megaphone. In the US thats about all that you will find unless you want a slip on and keep the OEM tractor header which also robs the exhaust flow.

Hey ! Some of us still have to plow a field now and then ;)

Tractor headers don't burn legs so much! I prefer to ride for several hundred miles each day for days on end and a roasted leg is no go for me.
Someone needs to start building good practical 3 into 1 systems for these beasts. Losing a few ponies is no biggie to me as I won't miss them in the twisties anyway.

I have no problem being a guinea pig. I can fab the pipes, but the problem is the header flanges. Does anybody have a header flange design that they can send me? Preferably a CAD layout? I have access to multiple machine shops but I'm not real confident in their ability to design the header flange.

I don't know if this is any help but here are some pics of my headers. They were made in the UK by a company Called Stealyh Exhausts. DSC01745.JPG DSC01746.JPG DSC01747.JPG

Back