Intercom system

Indyrocket3

.060 Over
Does anyone know who makes a reasonably cheap yet effective in helmet intercom system? Any info will be apperciated.

I recently bought Star Com and am very impressed with it. Two units, one on my speed triple and one on my sons Ducati for a trip we took. That way I could yell at him to slow down. Then we used it with a third radio in the truck my other son drove when we went to Laguna Seca. Basic unit is a black box that goes anywhere, (tank bag) and you plug in a cable for power, your own cell phone if it is hands free, an ipod or whatever tunes you have and a motorola handitalki that you buy as a pair from Costco for $60.00. You can also plug in a second headset for an intercom to your passenger. We were too impatient to set the volume and squelch before our trip so we opted for the optional push to talk cable and handlebar mounted switch. It worked great. At speeds above 80 mph with noisy Arai helmets we had to talk slow and distinct. But in every other way, especially in traffic in a strange town it was a pleasure. They seem to be made in the same country that gave us Lucas electrics so the long term remains in doubt, but so far none of the smoke has leaked out. I really like them.

Back