Intake cover mod on roadster

sams2100

.040 Over
I noticed these two pictures of intake mods to our bikes and thought they looked awesome, but not sure how complex or how to even go about doing either of them.

Here's the first I saw that looked pretty awesome, but may not be practical as it looks like it might get in the way of the left leg, not sure.

Here's the next one I found that also appears really awesome and probably more practical, but not sure how he got the nice plastic or rubber trim around the holes he cut out. Also wasn't sure if having the filters exposed like that would cause issues with extra dirt, water or who knows what.

Thanks for any advice on these...

The second one is mine :)

Was easy to do with a little patience, which I have in short supply ;)

I bought the POD filters from NewR3 over in the USA, and they were an easy fit. Just pulled the existing plumbing off and put the pods directly onto the intakes.

I cut the bearclaw with snips after making a start hole with a dremel. Just started with a small hole and kept enlarging bit by bit until i got it the way I liked.

The trim is just pinchweld, the smallest I could buy locally, over here Clark Rubber has a decent variety. It just pushes on then trim the ends to meet.

Better photo here:Wall Photos | Facebook

SN-2530 - K&N Universal Air Filters, Custom Air Filter direct from K&N

Enjoy and good luck

ps, no problem with dirt and water, the socks are just for variety ;)

As said before, nice work Binnsy.

Sams2100, lots of us have exposed filters and you'll find quite a few pics around the place on here if you do a bit of a search through the gallery. The back one doesn't really get in the way; it just feels a little different to smooth bear claw, but I guess it depends how tall you are too.

Have a look here and you'll find some examples Link Removed. Also look in Hanso's gallery for a different take.

As said before, nice work Binnsy.

Sams2100, lots of us have exposed filters and you'll find quite a few pics around the place on here if you do a bit of a search through the gallery. The back one doesn't really get in the way; it just feels a little different to smooth bear claw, but I guess it depends how tall you are too.

Have a look here and you'll find some examples Link Removed. Also look in Hanso's gallery for a different take.

Just realised I included the wrong link. This is the thread with the pics in it.
Link Removed

Here's what I did

I've re drilled the holes larger and relocated the over flow tank to under the seat. I had the trips on for 5000 miles before I did this, noticeable difference in performance. They gotta breath, might drill them again for more airflow.

I noticed these two pictures of intake mods to our bikes and thought they looked awesome, but not sure how complex or how to even go about doing either of them.

Here's the first I saw that looked pretty awesome, but may not be practical as it looks like it might get in the way of the left leg, not sure.

Here's the next one I found that also appears really awesome and probably more practical, but not sure how he got the nice plastic or rubber trim around the holes he cut out. Also wasn't sure if having the filters exposed like that would cause issues with extra dirt, water or who knows what.

Thanks for any advice on these...

The first one belongs to cheeky greeky :cool:

Back