Insurance companies?

thorin

Owner of Goliath, the giant motorcycle
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket III
hey all,
am up for renewal on my moto insurance. am currently using progressive and i must say they did a great job with my accident last year. my premiums are over $500/yr which seems pretty high for 1 bike valued at around 5k-6k ('05 model). got a mailing from Markel and found a similar policy (still have to check the fine print) for about $200 less (and yes, that's including disclosure of my accident).
anyone have thoughts about this one way or another?
anyone have dealings with Markel, good or bad?
thanks!

I've been real happy with Progressive. Saving a couple bucks is great till you have a problem.

hey all,
am up for renewal on my moto insurance. am currently using progressive and i must say they did a great job with my accident last year. my premiums are over $500/yr which seems pretty high for 1 bike valued at around 5k-6k ('05 model). got a mailing from Markel and found a similar policy (still have to check the fine print) for about $200 less (and yes, that's including disclosure of my accident).
anyone have thoughts about this one way or another?
anyone have dealings with Markel, good or bad?
thanks!
interesting how rate can be so different in view of the same coverage , here in BC liability alone is $800 ( compulsory coverage by by the government ) then coverage of your bike and sundries another $400 added :banghead::( and that is with a perfect score no tickets for speeding , and no responsibility for previous accidents

hey tripps, your 3 bikes are less than my 1. that's why i'm shopping.
anyone use Markel? just trying to find out if they're a reputable company or just an online presence
with no customer service.

Just a quick comparison. Here in the UK I only have the one bike (not allowed another) insurance is £92 P.A. on a fully comprehensive policy. I appreciate that there will be differences between the different nations, interesting how it is calculated and the variations.

Here in New Zealand I pay $450 a year for full coverage.

For $12500 cover.

My old bike Yamaha Virago 1100 cost me $460 a year for $3800 cover.

Pays to shop around.

@Grumpy Ole Codger I'm in the position as you not allowed another one.

This is my forever bike say twenty more years.

Back