Instrument cluster gone bad ?

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
Or is it wiring ?

After reassembling the bike, I have no speedo, nor odo. The fuel to go does count down. And I note I have lost the self-cancelling feature of the turn signals.

Could something in the wiring do this ?

Or am I looking at $500 for a replacement cluster ?

And the GI Pro gear indicator went on the fritz too. It gets its data from the OBD2 port, and I had to unplug it to connect the Tune ECU.

Now it is digital, showing '0' for neutral, and '1' for in gear.

Any trouble shooting available for these ?

Or is it wiring ?

After reassembling the bike, I have no speedo, nor odo. The fuel to go does count down. And I note I have lost the self-cancelling feature of the turn signals.

Could something in the wiring do this ?

Or am I looking at $500 for a replacement cluster ?

And the GI Pro gear indicator went on the fritz too. It gets its data from the OBD2 port, and I had to unplug it to connect the Tune ECU.

Now it is digital, showing '0' for neutral, and '1' for in gear.

Any trouble shooting available for these ?
Paul does it plug straight into the harness or is that a pig tail. I'd check all connections and fuses. First before ordering a cluster and having it shipped down here :) (slight shipping humor)

Last edited:
So much stuff at the same time I'd say there might be a fuse or maybe a ground that's not proper. Kill switch? Level switch that kills everything?
A missed or loose ground can cause all kinds of problems and be the last thing some people look for.
You can check with a meter to be sure all grounds are the same.

Rick

Also check the pins on the connector plug. On my 13' had trouble with the instruments,the tech unplugged it put some di-electric grease on and reassembled it and worked fine.

Back