Installing Ramair

UtilityKnife

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Anyone mind sending me a tune for R3T, I'm installing my ramair this week and already have tors. Didn't want to bug Hanso, sounds like he needs the down time.

Good Morning Learned colleagues from BrisVegas,

I am currently running the 20776 tune from the Tune ECU interweb site with CES Headers, CAT Eliminator and TOR cans on a 2015 Roadster.

I have tolerated all the normal issues associated with this setup including decal popping however, with the grand plan to upgrade the intake to a RamAir setup I thought I would leave the tune until the intake MODs were complete. Well gents that day is close, the RamAir arrived in the mail yesterday and I plan on installing that bad boy this weekend.

Hence, I have the following questions/queries I hope you can assist with;
  • Are there any gothcha’s I need to be weary of when installing the RamAir,
  • What tune would you recommend, and
  • Where can the tune be sourced?
The tune will be an interim solution until I can source some shorter cans similar to the “Dave Platt” ones in the photo below and then I’ll look at getting the rocket tuned on a dyno to unleash the beast.

As they say “Even an elephant can be eaten, one bite at a time:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Any assistance, advice or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 7.49.04 am.png

Cheers

Dave L

Good Morning Learned colleagues from BrisVegas,

I am currently running the 20776 tune from the Tune ECU interweb site with CES Headers, CAT Eliminator and TOR cans on a 2015 Roadster.

I have tolerated all the normal issues associated with this setup including decal popping however, with the grand plan to upgrade the intake to a RamAir setup I thought I would leave the tune until the intake MODs were complete. Well gents that day is close, the RamAir arrived in the mail yesterday and I plan on installing that bad boy this weekend.

Hence, I have the following questions/queries I hope you can assist with;
  • Are there any gothcha’s I need to be weary of when installing the RamAir,
  • What tune would you recommend, and
  • Where can the tune be sourced?
The tune will be an interim solution until I can source some shorter cans similar to the “Dave Platt” ones in the photo below and then I’ll look at getting the rocket tuned on a dyno to unleash the beast.

As they say “Even an elephant can be eaten, one bite at a time:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Any assistance, advice or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 7.49.04 am.png

Cheers

Dave L

There are a couple of good tutorials on youtube for replacing the factory plumbing with the ramair. Try this link:

Thanks M8,

I'll have a looksee before I tackle the beast this weekend..... That is iffin I can holdout and wait for the weekend to get here....

Stone the flaming crows !!!!!!
My Ramair turned up today but I don't think I'll have time to have a go at it until Sunday arvo:eek::eek:

Well bugger me it's just raining Ramairs in Brisneyland this week........ Thanks to Mike188s post above I've been getting me head around the task at hand and I've already put the bike up on the stand and removed a few bits in preparation for the install....

Dave,
You don't have to remove all the standard plumbing, just the plenum. It makes it easier if ever you wish to revert and you can still use the air-box for storage.
Make sure you put rags where advised in case things fall as it will save loads of time and frustration. Instructions are very good.

There are a couple of good tutorials on youtube for replacing the factory plumbing with the ramair. Try this link:
This comes up as private. Any idea where else I may be able to go?? Just got kit for my 2006 triumph rocket 3 Classic

Back