Installing new gas gauge on 2005 Rocket

aceshadow

Standard Bore
:confused:Hi Was wanting to know if anyone has installed a gas gauge on their Rocket? I just bought one on Ebay. It is just the mounting bracket and the gauge and the end of the wiring where the plug was has been cut off. That not a problem I can figure the wires out. I have herd you just need to plug it in that their is a plug on the bike under the tank. If this is true then their must already be a sending unit in the tank. Thanks

:confused:Hi Was wanting to know if anyone has installed a gas gauge on their Rocket? I just bought one on Ebay. It is just the mounting bracket and the gauge and the end of the wiring where the plug was has been cut off. That not a problem I can figure the wires out. I have herd you just need to plug it in that their is a plug on the bike under the tank. If this is true then their must already be a sending unit in the tank. Thanks

do a search (fuel sender)"
["Let's talk low fuel level lights" page 3] on this forum and all your questions will be answered , yes there is a sender some are not set right so gauge may not be too accurate the low level light should come on when there is about 8-9 liters of fuel left in the tank my low level light never come on my r3 float was 180 degrees out ! i removed and adjusted the float by bending the wire attached to it so the float just resting on bottom of tank

Back