Installed the Big Boy filters!

Blastedbones

Nitrous
K&N 4040's fitted. Can feel the difference over 2780's immediately!
SNB10130 (1536 x 1152).jpg SNB10128 (2304 x 1728).jpg

$77 apiece? Any mounting difficulties (other than the bearclaw)?

Used a soldering iron to melt off a groove either side of the rubber mouth; where the rail connecting the throttle bodies has lumps stopping it seating deeper.( Grooves allow a deeper seating)

What are the supposed differences?

Sent from SYDland.......

I found the 2780's starting to struggle to breath on full power Carpenter engine. Not too bad on smooth throttle, but on full acceleration, with big injectors, she was gagging.... Now all is good.

I found the 2780's starting to struggle to breath on full power Carpenter engine. Not too bad on smooth throttle, but on full acceleration, with big injectors, she was gagging.... Now all is good.

I saw someone's Rocket down in Maggie valley two gatherings ago... with those on it. The third one was mashed up pretty bad by the Captain's left knee. It does get in the way.

The 2780's on my Rocket seem to not be able to keep that reddish K&N filter element oil on the membrane. The Rocket sucks it all off and the filter element(s) turn white. :shock:

I saw someone's Rocket down in Maggie valley two gatherings ago... with those on it. The third one was mashed up pretty bad by the Captain's left knee. It does get in the way.

The 2780's on my Rocket seem to not be able to keep that reddish K&N filter element oil on the membrane. The Rocket sucks it all off and the filter element(s) turn white. :shock:

Yeah it does hit the knee:| but thats why if you look at the picture, I cut the claw with a tight fit to the rubber top. It wedges & locks it in place & supports the filter very well.

Back