Installed my Clearview windshield.

Eric R.

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Hi Guys, I went with the Clearview shield for my 2015 R3T. I wanted the recurve top, vent, more height, and width than the stock screen. Funny thing is I ordered four inch wider than stock, and they mistakenly made it only two inches wider. I did call them on it, and I could have sent it back without charge. I requested 28" and received a 26" screen. The more than I looked at it, the more I think the 26" is going to be fine. I think the 28" would have looked too rectangular in shape. So, I'm going to keep it.
I have installed it, and it fits fine. All the holes were properly placed. A bit of work swapping all the brackets though.
I went two inches higher than the stock 16". This was a special order height, so they charged a little more. I figured with the recurve, you don't need as much height due to the shape pushing the air up higher with less plastic. I haven't tried it out yet, due to our messy roads.

On a side note, this is my second Clearview. I had bought one when I had my Kawasaki vn1700 Nomad. I requested the vent. When I received it, and attempted to swap the brackets, they had cut the vent in too low, and the Nomad badge covered part of the vent. Plus the holes weren't drilled exactly right. So, I sent it back, and received the second one. The vent was now where it should be, but I still had to file out several of the holes due to mis measurement.
I knew that I was taking a chance by going back to them a second time for my Rocket, and sure enough, they shipped the wrong width. But, as I said, I'm keeping it.
They make a beautiful shield, but I do question their quality control.

Photos, or I won't believe you!

I'm really curious how their vent looks and works.

How tall are you? I Want to hear how the maiden trip works too with that screen height.

On my third Clearview, no issues on any of mine but I think they are a pretty small operation.

Son in law probably screwed up. :roll::roll::roll:

Photos, or I won't believe you!

I'm really curious how their vent looks and works.

How tall are you? I Want to hear how the maiden trip works too with that screen height.

Ditto!!!
As I'm thinking about changing my screen. I have a Triumph screen which is too short for me.

D-

Wow, tough crowd!
I'll take a couple pics maybe this evening if I can get to it.
Phoenix, I'm a six footer, and it looks like I can still look over the top with some room to spare. But, as I said, with the recurve, I believe you can go a little shorter and still get a good blow over.

Wow, tough crowd!
I'll take a couple pics maybe this evening if I can get to it.
Phoenix, I'm a six footer, and it looks like I can still look over the top with some room to spare. But, as I said, with the recurve, I believe you can go a little shorter and still get a good blow over.

Thanks a lot. I don't want to get one that's too tall, but it's hard to know without actually trying it out.

I have had my Clearview a couple of years now max hieght and Width they offered plus recurve and yes a a couple of the holes were a squeeze to get the bolts in but otherwise great fit and I love it, you may want to fit Lowers if you want to get get of buffeting completely, and the VENT!!!! that is a god send on a warm day as it give a nice light breeze with out noise 5 star bit of kit as far as I am concerned

Windshield pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0127.JPG
    IMG_0127.JPG
    400.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0128.JPG
    IMG_0128.JPG
    351.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0129.JPG
    IMG_0129.JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 4
Back