install map tune ecu + pc5. I'm lost!

Quebekers

.020 Over
Ride
rocket 3 roadster 2017
Hello, I have a question for you. I have a 2017 roadster with tors and oem k&n filter. I am currently driving (not yet, there is still snow) with the map triumph tors installed by the dealer. I recently bought a pc5 with autotune. Hanso was kind enough to send me 2 maps. one for tune ecu and the other for pc5. In your opinion, should I install the 2 maps or just install the map in my pc5. thank you.

Personally, I wouldn't do anything not dealer approved inside warranty period.
Also note the dealer can see the number of times the ECU was flashed, just an FYI.

thank you. if I install the pc5 and autotune and I uninstall everything during maintenance. they will not see anything. am I wrong ?

thank you. if I install the pc5 and autotune and I uninstall everything during maintenance. they will not see anything. am I wrong ?

Think they will see it as to fit the AT you will be swapping the O2 sensor. this should then be unticked in the ECU as it will show a fault if left unplugged and then theyll see the reflash if you save it. Seems a hassle.

Would check warranty rules as above post it may be ok to fit it and reflash wirhout losing warranty then major worry alleviated.

Do yourself a favour and return the K&N filter:eek: get the ones that fit right on your throttle bodies and the other two small ones, someone will be along shortly with the part#s
By removing the stock intake system you open the whole bike up for easy maintenance and no it does not affect the warranty plus the bike can breath:D

Hello, I have a question for you. I have a 2017 roadster with tors and oem k&n filter. I am currently driving (not yet, there is still snow) with the map triumph tors installed by the dealer. I recently bought a pc5 with autotune. Hanso was kind enough to send me 2 maps. one for tune ecu and the other for pc5. In your opinion, should I install the 2 maps or just install the map in my pc5. thank you.

FYI -
6 years ago, with the help of my M8, @HansO, I did both ECU & PCV+AT tunes from Hans.
I'll never forget the copious help & patience Hans gave me (a FNG Yank) all the way from OZ!
His tunes worked well for me until I got more serious with my mods and found/went to a dynamometer Guru.
An actual dynamometer tune done by a qualified tuner who understands Tune ECU can eliminate the need for PCV+AT and is specific to your motor.
Tis always the best way to go, IMHO!

FYI -
6 years ago, with the help of my M8, @HansO, I did both ECU & PCV+AT tunes from Hans.
I'll never forget the copious help & patience Hans gave me (a FNG Yank) all the way from OZ!
His tunes worked well for me until I got more serious with my mods and found/went to a dynamometer Guru.
An actual dynamometer tune done by a qualified tuner who understands Tune ECU can eliminate the need for PCV+AT and is specific to your motor.
Tis always the best way to go, IMHO!
thanks for your answer.

The two files he sent you are married. The PC-V tune is based on fueling/ignition/secondary throttle changes in the TuneECU file.

You could put one or the other but I can pretty much guarantee it won’t run right.

You’ll want to uncheck the O2 box in the TuneECU file he sent you. Download to ECU and then flash the PC-V with the tune he sent you.

If you’re concerned with the warranty just install the PC-V, take it to a dyno, get it mapped. The trade off will be a little less HP and a speed limiter that’s way too low.

Back