Inlet "Manifold" leak

Tail End Paddy

Standard Bore
Just been investigating a leak on the induction, though one of the small tubes has come off. Been like that it for a while, can hear a "sucking" if you stand on the left of the bike without a helmet.

Turns out, whoever had this off last, didn't put the pipe clip back on properly. Which has chewed up, the rubber tube between the throttle-bodies and the head, were the tube us clamped to the throttle body. Front One.

Short of taking the whole of the inlet side of, and replacing it, any ideas about patching it up, at least temporarily?

Would a rubber patch and some silicone sealer hold? I guess it's worth a try?

I bet it will work, if its not to large of a spot some black rtv silicone gasket should work make sure what ever you use cures before running her.

So many ****ty problems caused by bad mechanics , on these bikes :x :x
Friend had no end of trouble when the local dealer did a warranty repair & didn't sit the fuel rail back properly.. was sucking air past the first throttle body, & got looser,ending up with the whole rail vibrating like a flapping elbow. It leaned out cylinder one so much they thought the valves were burnt.
Triumphs reponse when he said he thought something was wrong? " You shouldn't have ridden the bike if you suspected a fault ( note we were 1000kms from home on a trip at the time it was noticed & it was running smooth at cruising speed). They did eventually pay for the repair ( Since it was the mechanics fault in the first place!!!!) but it left a bad taste.

When I fitted the triples I noticed one of the joins in the air duct was not fitted properly. I could see dust on the inside of the duct, some people have no pride in their work.

Gothlander said:
When I fitted the triples I noticed one of the joins in the air duct was not fitted properly. I could see dust on the inside of the duct, some people have no pride in their work.
Doesn't suprise me in the least :? :x

Back