Injector 1 malfunction??

Skanska161

.060 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket 3 touring
I recently had a bad sputtering and had to limp home. When I ran the error codes it was "injector 1 malfunction. Should I replace the injector? Or just clean it? If so how do you go about cleaning them?
Thanks

an injector code can be either mechanical or electrical. i would check it with an ohm meter an compare it with the other two.
u could also just switch it to another position. to see if it set a new code.
if u check please post ohms.

edit
as an example it can go like from 30 ohms to 300,00 when hot. (bad)

I believe the Triumph Maintenance Manual states the resistance across the injector coil leads should be 12.5-14 ohms or they need replacing. I just had mine tested/rebuilt and they were 11.8 ohms for one injector and 12.0 ohms for the other two, which still met injector manufacturer's specifications. As mentioned above, check to see if there is a drastic difference between the three and if the number one injector is considerably different than the other two, then either replace it or send it off to get professionally tested, cleaned, and rebuilt. Cheap enough at $18 per injector (I recommend RX Injector Service in Houston, TX). He does not charge for any injector failing the electrical tests, plus he has rebuilt injectors to replace the OEM injectors for a fraction of the cost from Triumph. Personally I would just send them all off to be professionally checked/serviced and rebuilt, especially if you have some miles on them.

an injector code can be either mechanical or electrical. i would check it with an ohm meter an compare it with the other two.
u could also just switch it to another position. to see if it set a new code.
if u check please post ohms.

edit
as an example it can go like from 30 ohms to 300,00 when hot. (bad)
Thanks man. I just checked all 3 getting 12.6 on each one. That sound right?

according to leatal u r dead on but i would put a hair dryer on it and heat it up a bit the ohms might go up a little but not to far. (at least #1)

Thanks man. I just checked all 3 getting 12.6 on each one. That sound right?
If the fault code is P0201, and you are not flooding the #1 cylinder, you may have an open or intermittent open wire feeding the #1 injector (as the resistance across the injector leads are within Triumph specs). There are steps to follow in the Maintenance Manual to test the injector wiring circuit. Good luck, you'll need it!

Back