Infamous Ignition Issue - resolved?

Powder Monkey

.060 Over
Guys just thought i would throw it out there... Because I have been playing with Tune ECU I have noticed the fuse layout from owners manual to bike is different. And that it appears that the headlights are on their own fuse now. Not sure if this is a fix for the infamous problem - Oh 2011 R3R if people want pictures of the fuse layout i can oblige.

rang team moto sringwood about roadster recall they said to book in to get relay fitted. Don't know what they do .I will be booking it in a couple of weeks.

Interesting. I was about to go in and stir the pot with the stealers here in Melbourne and insist they pay for their fk up. Im not a tight ars e but hate paying to fix something that shouldnt be broke. My 2010 R3R must be on the old wiring and stalls.

Fn prik of an issue.

Spoke to dealers today who spoke to triumph. Apparently the roadster recall is vin dependant as some roadsters have had an upgrade to the ignition system. My vin, apparently, isn't one of them

Riding along and total power loss. First ABS light comes on, split second later Check Engine light comes on, then total shut down!!!!

Frightens the crap out of you at 140 in the dark. Took to dealer told them what I have read in forums on this site, mechanic says forums are bull****.

In my most patient, compassionate, and slightly elevated voice I told dealer manager not to treat me like an idiot or I would flog the lot of them.:mad: After a few more words said he would check with Triumph.

Well the mechanic went all quite, then sheepishly made his exit as exactly what I said the problem was, came as as a recall and full warranty fix.

All repairs done and no longer have the problem, gotta love that.

My headlights were very bright from the start. 2011 Roadster was much brighter than my 05 had been.

I assumed mine must have the upgraded relay...but called shop to check anyway.

At that time, service manager had not heard of the recall...but he checked

and found it had just come up...my vin was on it and they ordered the parts and I brought it in a few days later.

There was no difference that I could notice in the headlights.

My 2009 just lost the ignition switch so it looks like it wasn't just for those early models. 10,000 miles on the bike and 3 weeks out of warranty. I hope they cover it. EB will be getting my business once I get the bike back.

Big Marty.....:D:D:D:D

I find my dealer is much more receptive when I grab him by the throat and ask him for help. I think he must have conjested sinuses as he doesnt hear what i say unless applying pressure to his throat or neck, somehow this appears to relieve that sinus pressure and he becomes very obliging.

Perhaps most dealership service managers have the same issue.

Bit like the time I went to pick my bike up at 4:59PM and they said too late as they close at 5 and i should come back tomorrow. After I threw a rubbish bin through the door and politely asked if I could pick my bike up, they appologised for the miss understanding and handed my bike over.

These days I think they must be on sudafed as when I ask for something they generally are very helpful.:D

Back