R3Rider

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Hi Folks,

I've been off line for a while while moving interstate and busy in general.

I'm sure this has been covered in the past, if so I apologise as I cant find it.
My indicator relay has died and i need a replacement, unfortunately the only one i can find is via Triumph, and they want $120AUD for it:(

The Triumph part number is T2500531, the part number of the relay is 4DB 003 750-70

Relay.jpg

I'm hoping someone knows of a cheaper alternative/solution...

Thanks in advance

I have a spare as I replaced mine with a LED friendly unit. Pay the postage...

G'day Jason,

Thanks mate, I've just ordered one as per DEcosse's part number on his post earlier today on Ebay from Melbourne, if it's no good (only $15:)) I'll take you up on your offer if it's still available?

Cheers
Jason (R3Rider)

Okay so i followed DEcosse's advice and ordered/fitted the new relay (Needed it anyway as original was toast),anyway now it still blows fuses. tried also just switching ignition on no relay installed, fuse still blows. I now think problem with fuses blowing is the horn! Any ideas? Whats the best way to trace/rectify this issue?

Thanks in advance fellow Pilots :(

Start off by disconnecting the horn. If it still blows a fuse, then it’s either a wired pinched somewhere on that fuse circuit. Can’t remember what else is on that circuit. Will have to systematically check everything on that fuse circuit to isolate which one is causing a short.

Start off by disconnecting the horn. If it still blows a fuse, then it’s either a wired pinched somewhere on that fuse circuit. Can’t remember what else is on that circuit. Will have to systematically check everything on that fuse circuit to isolate which one is causing a short.
Thanks Jason, that's what i thought....

Horn, Brake Lights and Turn Signals - but ALSO Alarm Connector and Diagnostic Connector

Horn, Brake Lights and Turn Signals - but ALSO Alarm Connector and Diagnostic Connector
Thanks DEcosse,

I'll start with the horn, I'm guessing with relay removed the turn signals are eliminated? No alarm so that's one tick.
I'm OS at the moment so I'll check it out when I get back.

Thanks

Back