Indicator Problem

Al Burdon

Supercharged
Ride
2013 R3R
For the Electrically Savy I have a question.

My 2013 R3R has a sidecar fitted and as such the left hand indicators have been removed.
The sidecar has front and rear indicators that are LEDs and are patched to the rear indicator circuit under the right hand side cover.

Sometimees they work as you would expect and sometimes they do not work at all.

I also have the keyless ignition and fuel bot 2 fitted.
I have a self cancelling indicator relay fitted as well.

On start up I now check if the indicators function and if they do not I turn off the bike by using the kill switch and turn back on. This generally resets the indicators.

Sometimes during a trip they may stop functioning and the kill switch cycle may or may not fix the problem.

Yesterday I removed the right hand switch block and when replacing I noticed the behaviour when tightening the screws. I then adjusted the tension until the indictors worked repeatedly.

Today after a couple of hours riding I noticed the indictors were not working again so I cycled the kill switch and function returned.

No other issues are presenting themself.

So any advice on what to check would be appreciated.

Cheers

Al

Lots of views no Clues Bugger!!

I have ordered 2 LEDs to replace the existing original globes to see if the mismatched gloves is causing any issue.
I will then try the flasher relay but I cant find the original. Can anyone recomend an after market item they know works?

For the electrical boffins: How do I try and isolate the area of fault to switch, flasher relay or wire loom.

Cheers

Al

I WOULD CHECK To make sure the the cancel relay is 12 volt.
i guess i would start checking at the flasher to see if u r getting 12 volts when it is not working. also i would think that u could bypass the cancelling relay and that might be a good place to check voltage.
i guess i look for the middle and figure witch way to go.
i will assume that u have the switch on the bars and that also would be a good place to check because u have to have power to send it left or right so if it is good there then u might have trouble going to the left side. hth

I have replaced the self cancelling relay on @DEcosse advice and at the moment the problem has not re appeared
Unfortunately when it is an intermittent issue it can be frustrating waiting for a re occurrence when it is convenient to fault find.
Thanks for the advice

Cheers

Al

I have replaced the self cancelling relay on @DEcosse advice and at the moment the problem has not re appeared
Unfortunately when it is an intermittent issue it can be frustrating waiting for a re occurrence when it is convenient to fault find.
Thanks for the advice

Cheers

Al
Been working for the last few days without a re occurrence so Hopefully thats fixed it.

Back