Indicator issue

Aaah

.020 Over
Ride
R3
Hello.
On nearly every ride and at no particular time or side, one of the indicators fails. ie, if the front right fails , the rear right flashes very fast , just like a blown globe. Next ride it could be one of the others, there is no pattern except, if I operate the indicator button to the right, one of the right hand indicators may fail. If I operate the button to the left, one of the left ones may fail. Not always and unable to guess when.
I get a yellow warning on the dash telling me, but this may correct itself at any time during the ride.....or have to turn the ignition off.
I have traces the wiring back from the indicators to make sure there is not obvious issue and wriggled them and re-connected them to make sure all is good.
The dealer can not find any faults in the "brain" of the bike. I first reported it at its first service (800klms).
They have tried by uploading the latest "software version" in the brain, but no difference.
hmmmmm

Any clues... thanks

Hello.
On nearly every ride and at no particular time or side, one of the indicators fails. ie, if the front right fails , the rear right flashes very fast , just like a blown globe. Next ride it could be one of the others, there is no pattern except, if I operate the indicator button to the right, one of the right hand indicators may fail. If I operate the button to the left, one of the left ones may fail. Not always and unable to guess when.
I get a yellow warning on the dash telling me, but this may correct itself at any time during the ride.....or have to turn the ignition off.
I have traces the wiring back from the indicators to make sure there is not obvious issue and wriggled them and re-connected them to make sure all is good.
The dealer can not find any faults in the "brain" of the bike. I first reported it at its first service (800klms).
They have tried by uploading the latest "software version" in the brain, but no difference.
hmmmmm

Any clues... thanks
Which Rocket do you have?

It is said that 90% of electrical troubles are bad earths, and this sure sounds like one......

He is correct it's losing its ground when the bike is being bounced around

There r threads on this and they say when u reprogram the ecu that it fixes this turn signal problem

Back