budman

Nitrous
Ride
2006 standard
..hey, I guess I'd better say hello to everyone seeing as how I joined the forum here 'bout two weeks ago..:eek:..came in with problems that sidecarflip straightened me out on..(thank ya flipmeister)..lost my clutch sping load position when I put on my Rivo risers..:eek:..but that's another story..

..My name is Bud..I'm an old (60) retired railroader..got this beauty of ride about a month ago..an 06 with about 1700 miles on her from a gentlemen in Michigan..lovin' the ride so far..I also ride a VTX 1300..so I'll be around with a bunch of PITA questions for all of you..TIA..:D..budman..

Welcome budman to the forum. My neighbor, tells me yesterday, that he is looking at the VTX 1300 and offerings of other makers. What's the ground truth mileage on this Honda.

Welcome Budman, nice ride, much better than a Budd car.
Worked for the NYNH&HRR in another life, was SS operator.
Again welcome.
Bob:D:D

..thanks for the welcome guys..it's much appreciated..

Welcome Budman. Is the Rocket any comparison to the VTX?

..LOL..the VTX is real nice bike, but it's not a rocket..:D

Welcome budman to the forum. My neighbor, tells me yesterday, that he is looking at the VTX 1300 and offerings of other makers. What's the ground truth mileage on this Honda.

..well, in its stock form it should get around 40, give or take a few..but most change out pipes, add an aftermarket breather and rejet to bigger jets..and then the mileage kinda goes away unless its tuned spot on the money, and if so you'll still get good mileage..

Wait a Minute

You said thanks too soon. I was out riding and am just now getting to your post. I hope you enjoy the R3 as much as we do. Toystoretom and I rode today and had several HD's for dessert after our food meal!

The Bud in your name doesn't refer to Bud Railroad Cars......does it? I've helped restore an 83' stainless steel obs car from the old Burlington Zepher line. She was called "Silver Garden". Also help with "Silver Palace" and extensive retrofit of a 1939 Bud end car!

They made their way to the train in Branson, Missouri.

Glad you've joined us. AAAAAAAALL BOARD !

Back