Improvisation and New Tools yay

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
So after a series of wtf moments and a lot of head scratching I spoke with Nels regarding a “dripping” sound from between cylinders 1 and 2 when shutting down the bike when it’s at operating temp.

He conveyed his experience with rockets and having air bubbles stuck in the head in the past. He used a vacuum setup to fix it so I finally had a reason to buy my first (and very small) compressor lol.
64DB1B79-D0A9-461D-8666-FFF2B5AFD0A5.jpeg
70EF86AA-9957-4F7C-B2B4-4F5F28A6280D.jpeg

I also fabbed up a quick improvised overflow tank (because I’ve been dragging feet on buying one of the @Mittzy setups).

It’ll get the job done... for now.
7E7CA934-F414-4860-A19A-276EFADC72D5.jpeg

Could you explain a little about the air trapped and how to remove it?
That looks a lot like the overflow I am using, blends in. May go with @Mittzy 's later.
Rick

Oh, the little device goes into the radiator cap hole, pulls a vacuum, and does two things at once for you.

If you pull a vacuum and wait a few minutes with it like that, you can check for any system leaks.

Mainly though it removes trapped air pockets on your cooling system trough suction, then allows you to fill the air free system with no chance of air sneaking back in.

Just warmed the bike all the way up. As usual Nels is 100% correct. No more dripping water sound, and coolant flowed into my Uber ghetto overflow tank as is normal.

So now that I’m no longer suspecting headgasket, there are now two things I need to check out for my very minor mystery issues.... sticky injector and something a wee bit more involved.

Nice overflow tank. Tough that it doesn't have a looking glass, but very nicely done. I see you also have carbon lower frame covers by the passenger pegs. Where did you get those? Very slick. Goes well with the carbon side covers.

Nice overflow tank. Tough that it doesn't have a looking glass, but very nicely done. I see you also have carbon lower frame covers by the passenger pegs. Where did you get those? Very slick. Goes well with the carbon side covers.

See thread link here:

It only took me 3 years to find these

Back