Immobilizer and key out of range

Stan

BigPapa351
Ride
Rocket 3 GT
Hi folks
Been to get my 1st service few days ago
Told the dealer I got an issue with warning lights. Key fob out of range and Immobilizer error pops up from.time to time.
They cleared all errors and 2 days after I got same readings.
Anyone else have this problems?

I’ve had exactly the same issues with the fob pinging the warning on the dash, but also on two occasions it refused to connect at all, had to start the bike with the spare at the fender (thankfully I had it with me). I think the fob is inadequately shielded causing the signal to get disrupted. Changing the battery has had no effect for me.

I’ve had exactly the same issues with the fob pinging the warning on the dash, but also on two occasions it refused to connect at all, had to start the bike with the spare at the fender (thankfully I had it with me). I think the fob is inadequately shielded causing the signal to get disrupted. Changing the battery has had no effect for me.
and still doing it?

Couldn’t say, we are on lock down so the bike is stood.
My Rocket has lost contact with the fob a couple of times now, each time I was able to get it to connect by turning on and off the key, and repeating the starting procedure. Maybe some interference with the key nearby? I'll see how it behaves until my 600 mile check up. Love this bike:D:laugh::cool:

Had same problem. Key on dash then go away. Took fob out of tight pants pocket and put in loose jacket pocket. Think the button was getting pressed( red light) Several hundred miles since. No return issues

I’m sure there is a resident electronics Yoda on this group that could maybe explain possible reasons why this happens!! @DEcosse ??

Back