canecorso

The custom seat man
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic
ok about three months ago I got installed Guard Dawg and tracking system, could be a coincidence but some times I need to push the starter button two times or even sometimes 8 times until she fires up sometimes push it and it clicks and keep on pushing until it starts and doesn't do it all the time .
I replace the starter relay and cleaned the started button but she still does it sometimes, what can it be?
oh and my and my tracking wont work either, has any one else has installed the Guard Dawg keyless and tracker come across this problem?
just wondering its installed wrong? and how can I fix ?
or is this two different problems any advice to help fix these two problems would be appreciated:)
If I got a new starter relay and I cleaned the starter button, what else will cause the starter button to click and not start, some times she will fire up on the first time and some time a few time the most has been eight times seems like its not getting a contact all the time. has any one ever experienced this and how did you fix two problems?

Did you install DigitalDawg keyless using their plug and play harness, if so put everything back to stock and see if you have still have an issue. Regarding the tracker portion, check it has power and then call Ed at digitaldawg 877-246-5395 for tech support

clicking usually means that the voltage is to low to keep the starter engaged.
was working with vindex1963

ok about three months ago I got installed Guard Dawg and tracking system, could be a coincidence but some times I need to push the starter button two times or even sometimes 8 times until she fires up sometimes push it and it clicks and keep on pushing until it starts and doesn't do it all the time .
I replace the starter relay and cleaned the started button but she still does it sometimes, what can it be?
oh and my and my tracking wont work either, has any one else has installed the Guard Dawg keyless and tracker come across this problem?
just wondering its installed wrong? and how can I fix ?
or is this two different problems any advice to help fix these two problems would be appreciated:)
If I got a new starter relay and I cleaned the starter button, what else will cause the starter button to click and not start, some times she will fire up on the first time and some time a few time the most has been eight times seems like its not getting a contact all the time. has any one ever experienced this and how did you fix two problems?
Bad contacts in starter solenoid, clean contacts and order repair kit, they're cheap, maybe order two. Check battery voltage.

I didn't install the keyless and tracker the dealer did.
And I have phoned Guard Dawg and the first thing they asked me If I installed it, I said dealer did and they said then it should be installed properly, they said they sold to Canada and no problem it could be my location , but they are working on it Tech guy should be phoning me tomorrow hopefully he can figure out why my tracker will not working , it's getting juice two green lights should be on only one green light and the other is flashing yellow he said that is showing that its not recognizing its location for some reason .
The Solenoid is that the push button to start? if so I took that apart and cleaned it, perhaps it could be worn out and I need a new one? so that's why its not always making contacted? its just weird that before they did this work it started all the time but it could be a coincidence my bike is a 05 never gave me problems and I guess all parts is getting old and going all at once:(
not all the time it makes a clicking sometimes I push the button several times and no noise until she fires up.
just hate to bring it to the dealer and every time it starts up and they say its fine and give me a bill for a couple hundred lol and I still have a problem.
So I cleaned the starter button hopefully good enough replaced the starter relay, what else could it be?
any videos of some one had the same problem could share a video would be great.
my skills are not great but my visual is very good:)
Battery is new , a repair kit for the starter button? is that just giving me all new contacts for inside?

DigitalDawg keyless ignition now supplies the 12v signal to your ignition relay. If the dealer did not do a good job wiring it in then volts to starter relay might be low, check what the volts are at the relay when you press starter button.

This might seem stupid , but how do I check the relay? Do I need to take the starter button apart and turn bike on and put meter on the part inside? If so what do I set meter to ? And where do I put the red prong? And where do I put the black prng? And what should it read? This is the one I got.

Attachments

• PXL_20210715_023824770.jpg
    PXL_20210715_023824770.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 7
When checking a 12 volt system for voltage u select the DCV AND 20
As far as the probes go useually the red gose to positive however if u get them wrong it will read like -12 volts so it wont hurt..

I didn't install the keyless and tracker the dealer did.
And I have phoned Guard Dawg and the first thing they asked me If I installed it, I said dealer did and they said then it should be installed properly, they said they sold to Canada and no problem it could be my location , but they are working on it Tech guy should be phoning me tomorrow hopefully he can figure out why my tracker will not working , it's getting juice two green lights should be on only one green light and the other is flashing yellow he said that is showing that its not recognizing its location for some reason .
The Solenoid is that the push button to start? if so I took that apart and cleaned it, perhaps it could be worn out and I need a new one? so that's why its not always making contacted? its just weird that before they did this work it started all the time but it could be a coincidence my bike is a 05 never gave me problems and I guess all parts is getting old and going all at once:(
not all the time it makes a clicking sometimes I push the button several times and no noise until she fires up.
just hate to bring it to the dealer and every time it starts up and they say its fine and give me a bill for a couple hundred lol and I still have a problem.
So I cleaned the starter button hopefully good enough replaced the starter relay, what else could it be?
any videos of some one had the same problem could share a video would be great.
my skills are not great but my visual is very good:)
Battery is new , a repair kit for the starter button? is that just giving me all new contacts for inside?
The solenoid is bolted to the starter. There have been many posting on this issue here on the forum.

hopefully they will call me back tomorrow and I will ask them about the 12v for my ignition relay.
Gerald, I will look up Solenoid on the forum, I need a visual I don't even know where the starter is located.
so it sounds like if I'm not getting 12v from starter that's why it igniting all the time when pushing starter button?

Back