I'm a new 2005 rocket 3 owner from pa

rocket3rider

Standard Bore
Ride
2005 rocket 3
Hello.im new to the rocket.
Anything I should look out for maintenance wise??the previous owner had some new pipes installed.not sure what they are my question I have is about a power commander tune.are there direct plug and play that will improve its performance or is it a waste of money..just curious thanks for any input..also I'm from the poconos in pa.amd was a yamaha fz1 rider .I look fwd to this new bike but will also miss the fz.had 10 yrs on her

Allough me to be the first to welcome you.
WELCOME to ya from WA State.
You have chosen the correct motor and forum.
Lots to learn here.

G'day and welcome.

You can use a free (or minimal charge for a Droid) programme called TuneECU to put a tune into the ECU of the bike without using the Power Commander. There are tunes available for just about every configuration, but we would need to know what pipes and filters you are running, as well as any other mods. Even if you don't use this software to alter the tune, it is the most useful thing you will ever get for your bike.

Hello and welcome. You won't regret the Rocket,there really isn't anything quite like it. Having a bad day just jump on that beast and a smile will instantly occur. I am a bit south of you near Quakertown, not much of a wrench but there are a lot of good and witty folks on here with much knowledge. Good to have you aboard.

Hello and welcome. You won't regret the Rocket,there really isn't anything quite like it. Having a bad day just jump on that beast and a smile will instantly occur. I am a bit south of you near Quakertown, not much of a wrench but there are a lot of good and witty folks on here with much knowledge. Good to have you aboard.

Welcome from south central Pa.

Another welcome to the site from New Jersey, rocket3rider.

Most here would probably say that the PCV is not the way to improve engine response on these bikes, opting instead for a beater breathing exhaust system (no catalytic converter), better filtration set-ups and either an optimized drop-in tune from either Tune Boy/TuneECU or a tune dialed in by a good dyno tuner.

The more you can tell us about your current set-up, the better we can advise you on both the dos and don'ts and common options to make your machine sing. If you don't know what sort of exhaust the prior owner(s) added, take a picture and post it up here... you'll have your answer in a NYC minute!:thumbsup:

Back