Markinkc

Standard Bore
I'm new to this and I have been doing some research but just want to ask my question directly to get your thoughts. The other day, I went to start my 2005 Rocket III cruiser and the lights came on and the gauge rolled over but when I hit the start/ignition button, nothing. Thought my battery was dead so I put it on the charger and when charged tried to start again and the lights come on, gauge still rolls over but still no turn over when i hit the ignition switch. Took battery out and put in uncles 2005 Rocket III and it started right up. So I know its not the battery. Any ideas or confirmation?

If the starter relay is clicking when you hit the ignition its probably the relay (under right side cover), if it is not clicking it might be the clutch safety switch, or it could be a completely failed relay. Cycle the clutch a few times to see if that gets it going. Also make sure the kill switch is on run and the kickstand is up if the bike is in gear.

I permanently bypassed the clutch safety switch.

There's a connector on the wire running from battery to starter motor. That connector could be un-connected .. if you have been taking the battery in and out just check that.

Does it try to crank? Could be a bad connection on your starter button. Easy to pull apart to inspect and our dry out. If you can put some dielectric grease in there when reassembling to prevent water from causing any problems.

There's a connector on the wire running from battery to starter motor. That connector could be un-connected .. if you have been taking the battery in and out just check that.
the connector TC is talking about had us all scratching our heads at Hervey Bay last year it is not all that obvious to see it from memory (I was under influence of pain killers at the Time) was black and wires also were black just a single wire on right hand side under side cover near relays it appeared connected but wire had come loose in the connector, wiggle all the connecters and pull apart and reconnect again whilst applying dielectric grease to them all. Also check the connections on the starter motor and the large earth under back of motor near starter motor, it may be tight but some corrosion can still form there remove and clean area of contact and again apply some dielectric grease

Back