If it ain’t broke don’t fix it...?

Bondysbike

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket Roadster
Ive read as many of the PCV auto tune threads as I could find and learned at lot from you all.

I’d like to ask two simple ( is there any such thing?) questions...

I have , with just the PCV on board got a map ( that was a canned map recommended by the PC folks as being very close to my set up) that has transformed the bike. It’s good performance wise and very little decel pop now and improved smoothness and overall performance.

Question: Now I’m really happy with how bike performs with this map in PCV. I have the bug though! Should I add the AT in the hope it will improve/ refine it further? Or should I avoid any risks and adopt the stance of ‘ if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’

Question: Once the AT installed , I understand that you run a few tanks through and accept the trims ( assuming all is well) to refine the PCV map. Once this is done do you then still leave the AT switched on...for ever? Or , once the trims have been accepted several times do you then switch the AT off.

Cannot quite grasp this. I’m not very technical but enjoy learning here and enjoying an ever improving Rocket.

Thanks...

2018 Roadster
DP outlaws
H&N triple air box delete
PCV map #M21-003-006
Auto tune ( not installed yesterday.)

Last edited:
Dod you by the auto tune already? If not go find a tuner with a multi spectrum gass analyzer and pay for a few pulls. Worry about overall fuel rations not just wide open tthrottle. I'd say if you a/f is in there and your say 140 to 150 hp with about the same torque don't waste your money work on the suspension. Ak 20 cartridges and some good rear shocks will keep you grinning. Once you can out ride her the motor kn the curves then piss money away saying mine is bigger :) just my opinion as I have pissed plenty of money away for mp apparent reason. :D

Dod you by the auto tune already? If not go find a tuner with a multi spectrum gass analyzer and pay for a few pulls. Worry about overall fuel rations not just wide open tthrottle. I'd say if you a/f is in there and your say 140 to 150 hp with about the same torque don't waste your money work on the suspension. Ak 20 cartridges and some good rear shocks will keep you grinning. Once you can out ride her the motor kn the curves then piss money away saying mine is bigger :) just my opinion as I have pissed plenty of money away for mp apparent reason. :D

No I have th kit...just really want to know what the answer to the question is...it’s not clear...thx

The AT if used with the POD300 and a modicum of analysis will allow you to fine tune things. If you are happy and don't want to spend the time - why bother.
I have just eliminated a fuelling niggle using the AT - But I am thus minded.

I have tried the APPLY trims and remove method - now have it always on.
Both work BUT the apply trims and remove requires you to check the trims just in case you have an outflyer in the map.

Do you run map/gear mode? - imo - you ALWAYS should.

The AT if used with the POD300 and a modicum of analysis will allow you to fine tune things. If you are happy and don't want to spend the time - why bother.
I have just eliminated a fuelling niggle using the AT - But I am thus minded.

I have tried the APPLY trims and remove method - now have it always on.
Both work BUT the apply trims and remove requires you to check the trims just in case you have an outflyer in the map.

Do you run map/gear mode? - imo - you ALWAYS should.

Thanks...haven’t got that far yet. I just about to install. Having read your note here I will look at this map/ gear mode.
Right now I just have a map that’s certainly close. Reading between the lines this is way to go...

Install AT (in map / gear mode?)
Run a few tanks and accept trims
Then leave AT on in map / gear mode all time.

I think that’s as per instructions and our recommendation...thanks!

Back