Idle speed and TuneECU Android

CrzystghndKC

Triumph guy happy he didn't work for Harley.
Ride
Triumph: 2005 & 2011 R3 Roadster
I want to slow my idle down a bit and I think all the threads I have found are using the windows version because I'm not seeing what I think I should be. If anyone could give me a rundown on doing the job with the new software I'd be so greatfull.

I want to slow my idle down a bit and I think all the threads I have found are using the windows version because I'm not seeing what I think I should be. If anyone could give me a rundown on doing the job with the new software I'd be so greatfull.
I got to try Rainmans in west virginia. He had one of them android tablets. If you have used the windows version and the adroid tablet was much easier. How high is you idle. I typicall set mine at 950 rpms. Anyway after messing with boogs I learned that you can get enough gunk on the front throttle springs. With limited knowledge I would suggest cleaning the front real good the Run a ISCV reset and clear adaptives. Also while you're hooked up to the android do 3 or 4 idle stepper motor test and take note of the TPS voltage before you start the test and after it completes to see if its consistant. Also check the throttle body balance.
Picture this dust and grime hold the throttle open. And when you turn the key it finds home takes measurements from other sensors so it can set its home axies. So you notice the rpm is hanging up some. If you were to do a ISCV reset with out verifying the throttle is closed. ( manually reach up there grab the came roller and make sure it is closed) you'll end up getting further away. Because you are setting the TPS to a open throttle not a closed one. Boog's was so gunked up I bet closed was actually 10% open. I've been out of action for a short while now . So I hope I didn't confuse you bud.

I got to try Rainmans in west virginia. He had one of them android tablets. If you have used the windows version and the adroid tablet was much easier. How high is you idle. I typicall set mine at 950 rpms. Anyway after messing with boogs I learned that you can get enough gunk on the front throttle springs. With limited knowledge I would suggest cleaning the front real good the Run a ISCV reset and clear adaptives. Also while you're hooked up to the android do 3 or 4 idle stepper motor test and take note of the TPS voltage before you start the test and after it completes to see if its consistant. Also check the throttle body balance.
Picture this dust and grime hold the throttle open. And when you turn the key it finds home takes measurements from other sensors so it can set its home axies. So you notice the rpm is hanging up some. If you were to do a ISCV reset with out verifying the throttle is closed. ( manually reach up there grab the came roller and make sure it is closed) you'll end up getting further away. Because you are setting the TPS to a open throttle not a closed one. Boog's was so gunked up I bet closed was actually 10% open. I've been out of action for a short while now . So I hope I didn't confuse you bud.
No confusion at all. Thanks so much everything is very clean. The idle speed is the result of the new tune and I was going to do the whole reset again. My TPS vibrated loose on my way home from W. Virginia and then I waited forever to get new tires so I'm just delving into getting things properly back in place. Hope your still healing well. I still haven't ruled out Texas. It depends on finding a dog sitter that I like. See ya.

Find the dog sitter! We gonna ride brother.
Poor ol pup just turned 14 and boarding is getting somewhat traumatic for him. Last year he didn't do well I found out when I got home. I'm thinking a few overnights first might help ease his anxiety.

Back