Ice Headlights from Custom Dynamics

liquidsmile

Supercharged
I thought I would share this with the people of this board, I did some research and found out that the headlight buckets from the Speed Triples are the same headlight buckets that the Rocket 3 has. So while looking around Customdynamics.com I ran across these.

Link Removed

If you scroll down the page, you will find the different designs that the sell in the 5 and 3/4 headlight size. I personally liked the "ICE" design, so that is what I went with.

Here is a link with them installed on a triple,
Link Removed

As you can see, they are big improvement over the stocker fogged over lights, and give a much cleaner look to your front end.

Here is a picture of them side by side

And here is a pic of one installed next to the stock light.

I will take some pictures with the camera tomorrow as these are taken with a camera phone and are not the best, but believe they are a huge improvement over stock in the looks department. I switched out the lights they send with the kit with a silverstar bulb of the same wattage the stock runs.

When I ordered they gave me a 5 percent off coupon code. I don't know if it can be used more than once or not, but give it a try.

COUPON CODE: jr2271

I would right up a how to, but it is pretty self explanatory. I did not use the foam rings that come with the kit, and I kept the stock headlight inner ring in place. Just as easy as changing your bulbs.

LS

Have not taken it for a ride yet, though I already had the Silvania Silverstars with blue leds in the headlights before install and they were bright. If they are not brighter, they are atleast as bright, minus the blue leds which caught your eye, and car drivers eye when I had them installed. If you notice they have an HID upgrade option that you can buy with this kit. :cool: Not sure which one you would use, but they do have them.

LS

If you wanted to drill the holes you could retain the lights. I just did not want to mess with it. I took the bulb out, put some tape over the connector and tucked the wire up into the headlight. I might go the HID light direction. For 159 dollars they have an actual HID upgrade for these lights. They say they are plug and play with no splicing into your factory wiring. That is 159 a side, so you are looking at a little over 300 dollars for HID for our Rockets.

Last edited:
I found a HID unit that looks and functions just like the one on customdynamics but at less then half the price on ebay from a company called v-leds, I think I am going to try it out

Yes the bucket is black, but I did not buy the ones with the black dot centers. These fit inside your stock headlight buckets, so you are not going to see the back of them.

Go for it Wildrooster. You have my support, make a write up and pave the way man. :D

LS

Back