I wouldn't say this common but certainly an issue

bebsy

Finicky
Ride
2006 Triumph R3
I will cut to the chase and upon reinstalling the coils I mananaged to drop one of the 10mm bolt I heard it hit the headers and that was the last normally I won't give up till I find it but to no avail eager to get finished and try it out I replaced it with a spare and thought no more of it untill!!!! I'd been heading out 45 to some nice big sweepers about 15min in and on approach the rear brake pedal was solid I took that bend like I was on a pennyfarthing doing an inverted wheelie... when I got back home and I did tha I removed the cover off the brake pedal the bolt had dropped in below the pedal pic enclosed

Screenshot_20210223_194059_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Definitely a "Brown trouser" moment I'm sure. Good reminder for everyone.it only takes one time to think it'll never happen to me. I've been working around military aircraft for 30+ yrs and to me it's just 2nd nature, no job is done until all parts and tools are accounted for.

Definitely a "Brown trouser" moment I'm sure. Good reminder for everyone.it only takes one time to think it'll never happen to me. I've been working around military aircraft for 30+ yrs and to me it's just 2nd nature, no job is done until all parts and tools are accounted for.
My son a&p he is a rookie but that code he follows, he was trained by sugar bears and pops

im thinking you had mentioned before avionics ?

Never again bebsy that could have ended it. But, no harm no foul, just never again. thanks for sharing it may just save someone’s bacon
Yes fact of the matter is that cover Sits flush with those headers its obviously fallen down the back of them we're there is nothing really to worry about other than it lying in wait lol it's the fact that it took a 60 min ride to locate itself in that orientation into that small whole is my concern I just wanted to put it out there as I know we are dropping things all the time into the abyss I did wave my wand around but but fished out skunk

a long time ago was hunting so i parked on this hill and was getting ready most of my gear on driver side floor when i noticed the car started to roll so i jumped back in and hit the brakes which did not work because my canteen was under the pedal:banghead:
lucky i was able to hit the emergency brake. over the last 58 years i have had several things go under the brake pedal..

I dropped a dart out of my pocket, I figured it was while getting gas, I went back to the gas station and looked along the road, no luck. They were good ones, and you couldn't buy one, so I had to buy another set of three. Over a year later, I just happened to be looking at the right angle, and saw it stuck behind the headers. So now I have two sets.

Back