ahpd1992

.040 Over
Riding the Foothills Parkway in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park I was following my buddy who was on his K1200S. He was going too fast so I backed off, apparently not enough. I approached a decreasing radius left hander, braked as long as I could till I reached the point of no return, I looked way deep in the corner, leaned her over and said a prayer.

A disgusting sound of scraping metal let me know I wasnt going to make it, I low sided the turn, slid about 50' along asphalt, grass and leaves in a ditch. I have some road rash from where the armor on my jacket slid up, and Im sore as hell, but otherwise very thankful and lucky Im here and not in the hospital

The R3T is a total loss, Im not sure what Il do next as far as what Il be riding next, right now Im gonna heal and let me get my head screwed on straight as I am still in shock.

I doubt I will get another Triumph, it seems like my bike has been bad karma since I bought it. I just put $900 in a clutch that failed after only 3000 miles. Triumph has denied the warranty claim twice and has given me their final denial and has stopped communicating with me. All in all the R3T was a beautiful bike, that was a comfortable touring mount, but its gone now and Im not thinking Il be a Triumph customer again. My experience with the brand was very negative before I crashed. Now that its gone Im not sure I can trust the brand anymore.

To be sure Im not blaming the bike for the crash, I went into the corner too hot, that was my fault. The crash is on me I take the blame/responsibility for how the bike was ridden.

For the members here I have some accessories that werent on the bike during the crash that I will be selling. Let me know who's interested in the following;

Roadster screen w/ metal brackets complete - $300 ($500 in Triumph catalog)

Passenger backrest and luggage rack - $250 (in catalog listed at over $450)

Highway pegs w/ adjustable arms - $150 ($240 in catalog)

The roadster screen and the backrest/luggage rack were not on the bike when it crashed. I removed the higway pegs at the tow yard and I cant find any damage to them. I think the prices are fair, but all things are negotiable.

Thanks for all the good times, I will be at home healing

Tom

Oh yea, wear your f--cking gear, it save my skin literally. I was in full face helmet, Tourmaster Sedona mesh armor jacket, gloves, boots and jeans. If the jacket fit me a little better I may not even have had the road rash on my elbow.

The gear works, my 1st crash, Im a beliver ATGATT

I'm a "gear freak", rode last weekend in my full perf leathers (including SIDI perf boots) - it was great.

However, the important thing is that you're still with us.

oh MAN! OUCH. my heart goes out to you. Dropping a bike is never a good thing. At least you went low side and not over the top. As a rocket lover I feel twice as bad for you since you've not a had a loyal steed. My ride has always been good to me. Get better! and get riding soon! big hug.
:(

cheers
geo

Sorry about your slide, glad you came out of it, mostly, okay. Also sorry about your ride seems you got a bad one, can't blame you there. Hopefully the road rash will heal fast. Good luck on whatever new bike you choose to go with.

Dennis

27 dtg Dubai
28 dtg Home

As said the main thing is that you are okay, the bike is on its way to heaven but it is riderless (is that a word:D)
Anyhoo I sent you a PM regarding the road screen and will ask around and try and help you off load your other stuff.
All the best and please let us know what your next bike will be..

Something doesn't sound right about the clutch deal. With an R3T I assume that you are still under warrenty. If you haven't called Peter at Triumph's Corporate American offices, you may want to explain to him your situation. You may be able to recover your costs on the clutch work. He can be reached at Customer Service: (678) 854-2010, extension 2064.

Sorry to hear about you going down. It's just one of those "oh ****" moments. Glad to hear that you were properly geared up.

OUCH! man does that bring back bad memorys':eek: Iv'e had 2 low sides and one T Bone when a cager left turned rite in front of me in broad day lite. The latter was almost ten years ago and I still cringe when ever I think about my old GIXXER day's

I'm glad to here you came thrue it with only some scratches though. It could have been much much worse so count your blessings bro.

Get well Soon

Walt

Sorry to hear about the bike. Glad you were wearing your gear and are mostly okay.

As far as the warranty is concerned, there is no reason your bike should not still be under warranty, it is good for 2 years. Triumph is even extending my warranty when I get the rest of my stuff fixed (horn keeps going out and neutral light does not work).
Either you have a crappy dealer who just did not want to deal, or you must have done some heavy modification to your bike, otherwise it should still be covered under Triumph's 2 year warranty.

Back