I Think I Need One

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
I have a very talented friend who resides in the fair State of North Carolina who has constructed several of these OIF vintage Triumph Bobbers. This is his latest creation. Something about that "Bobber" look that agrees with me.

Link Removed

I want one too! I like that minimalist look. I think if it was mine, I'd do the pipes with that heat wrap tape (or what ever you call it). I'd tame down the chrome and finish out that "rat" look that the bike almost has. Very nice though.

I'd have to paint it something shiny myself. Actually, I would prefer a stock type paint job with the Triumph scallops on the tank.

I built one very similar to this when I was between marriages.. :) I built it in my apartment dining room.. lol (Can't get away with that anymore..:eek:) But, I painted the tank and frame blue, with a white scallop, pin striped in red. I ran a smaller Harley Softtail head light and had chrome front forks and the motor was all polished up. Oh, mine was a '66.. so it wasn't an OIF either..

I don't like it. It looks like a bike from Stalag 13 or a Hogans Hero's daily driver.....

Hey, whatever blows your dress up. Not my cup-O-tea.

If you stuck a 240 rear tire on it, that would be the heaviest part. That's one think I liked about that bike. If you wanted to pull a wheel, or just raise it up for whatever reason, it's light enough pick up one end off the ground, slide a milk crate under it and.. wala.. instant jack.. :)

Back