I said I wouldn't do it again but here I am

liquidsmile

Supercharged
So I am looking at going to the Darkside on the Rocket. The tire I am looking at is the BFG G force T/A KDW NT.

Error - Discount Tire

Going to go with the 225 55 16.

I see Nolton here is running this tire, and was wondering if anyone else is running this tire.

If you are what do you think of the tire. It definitely has a great look to the tire, and on cars it is known to perform very well. Just curious how you darksiders like this tire.

Thanks

LS

Great looking tire. My only concern would be the large, solid center rib. Captains with similar style tires have reported that the center rib tends to catch grooves and other abnormalities moreso than tires without the large center rib.

Yeah I understand what you are saying about the center rib. That is one thing I really did not like about my Cooper Zeon that I ran on my Valk. It seemed to pick up road imperfections much more and want to follow them.

I might just go with the Raptor that everyone here seems to love.

I ride a Bridgestone Potenza Grid. You'll want a 'summer' tire with a fairly soft compound (40k mile warranty of so). Best traction and wear. Too hard a tire can tend to lose grip on tight twisty bits when the road is damp because the weight load isn't high on a bike. Good Luck and welcome to the Dark Side.:cool:

I still have not made my mind up yet. It burns my ass that there are only 2 rear tires for us Rocket Riders to choose from in the m/c tire world.

I have heard people say the Avon will last longer than the Metzler, but at 287 a pop I could **** near get the rear and front for the cost of the rear alone.

Still on the fence, I really need to make my mind up though because I just about used up the last of my rear this weekend in the mountains.

Have the Cooper Zeon now. Looking at the Toyo. The Zeon does catch the center. I started at 35psi then went up to 41 for two up riding. The center tread is worn out. Been dropping it down and now at about 30 psi and is better. Will stat out at 30 psi with the new tire. I have also looked at the BFG. Good looking tire also.

I still have not made my mind up yet. It burns my ass that there are only 2 rear tires for us Rocket Riders to choose from in the m/c tire world.

I have heard people say the Avon will last longer than the Metzler, but at 287 a pop I could **** near get the rear and front for the cost of the rear alone.

Still on the fence, I really need to make my mind up though because I just about used up the last of my rear this weekend in the mountains.

Actually there are three motorcycle tires to chhose from with no mods required. The other one is the Bridgestone Exedra, which, it has been reported, is giving "sane" riders up to 15,000 miles of usage...
Bridgestone G852 Exedra Radial Rear Tire - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

Personally, I am not an advocate of riding an R3 on the Darkside (been there - done that), but, whatever floats your boat!:D

Well I went by my local Discount Tire today and they had 1 Raptor in stock in the 225/55/16. 130 bucks out the door and it is now sitting in my garage waiting for me to get it mounted up.

I am not new to the car tire as I run one on my Valkyrie as well, so what tires are you darksiders finding best to run with the Raptor.

I am thinking about going with the Dunlop Elite 3. Same as I run on the Valkyrie.

They seem to last a little longer than the Avons and have just as good grip.

Anyone one else here running the E3's?

Dunlop Elite 3 Touring Front Tire - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

Thanks for the replys, now I just need to get these mounted up and go hit the twisties and see how I like this combo.

Back