Want to Buy I need handlebars and the stuff that goes on it. shift lever and peg, a headlight, a tach....

busted rocket

so my best friend must really love me, he was kind enough to flip my rocket into a 6 foot ditch. all the damage is to the top of the bike.
handlebars, tach, headlight, mirrors, clutch lever, left peg and probably shifter linkage, as well as those chrome dressup covers on the rear fender. I welded to mine but the heavy duty steel rack got destroyed in the wreck, but saved the rear end of the bike. I'd like a tank and front fender as well, but its not critical, especially at the price most people want for a new tank. and eventually, I'll need a rear fender as well.

New year’s project, eh? Sorry to hear about your bike and I hope your friend is ok. I don’t have parts to offer, but suggest eBay. A couple bike part resalers with stores that get Rockets in regularly and part them out.

Yep and lots of cheap parts come up here in Classifieds, mentions in ordinary thread conversations (so keep reading them) or on eBay, especially fenders, side chrome strips etc. Check a number of or ALL ebay options to get best price /condition huge varaition of both and bargains are out there all the time.
Many here will kindly donate and send you their old parts like round mirrors for postage only.

Instruments not so cheap, but tachs are more commonly available than the speedos which fail.
If you are happy with a slightly different dial face pattern, the later tachs will work fine too.

New year’s project, eh? Sorry to hear about your bike and I hope your friend is ok. I don’t have parts to offer, but suggest eBay. A couple bike part resalers with stores that get Rockets in regularly and part them out.
yeah, he walked in the house covered in blood and was like, "now don't be mad...." he got a slightly busted spleen which healed, a punctured lung which healed, and some road rash. hes fine. he walked home 2 miles afterwards.
i'm already all over ebay, good call.

well, I've ordered handlebars, clutch lever, shifter peg. to get it running I'll need the right side electric switches on the handlebars. my run switch and start button got sheared off.
anybody got a spare? after that I'll need front blinkers. then it'll be legal, but ugly

Back