I love my Rocket Touring

rocket51

.060 Over
Ride
09 Rocket Touring
I have owned my 09 Rocket for a little over a week now and it is my favorite bike ever. I like the fact that it is the easiest bike I have ever owned to work on. Triumph is so much easier to work on than the Japanese bikes. I couldn't believe how easy it was to remove the front tire, windshield , luggage rack, bags, gas tank, etc., even I can do it, it is great. Also the shop manuel is easy to understand other than having metric conversions and some of the British ways of speaking. The shop manual is really nice and can be picked up on ebay for $47 shipped.

I went on a 200 mile trip Sunday, and putting around the country side at 55-60 mph I got around 45-50 mpg, although the first couple of days when I wanted to see what the bike would do, I got around 30mpg. Ever where I go people stop and admire the bike and want to talk about it. Seems like there ought to be a lot more of these around considering all the attention mine gets.

The bike has every thing I need on it but I am sure as time goes on there will be additions I pick up for it. I plan to own the Rocket for the rest of my riding days. I am one happy guy, I have finally found the bike I have been looking for. :D:D:D

AMEN Brother AMEN, I'll second that!
I have the exact bike. But 45 to 50 MPG.....:confused:
I'm not sure what tailwind you were riding but I sure wish I could check one.
And after I put the TOR's and a reprogram, you know what I got????
Caught doing 68 in a 45 :eek::mad::mad::mad:
So if you go to Maggie Valley you know who I am, the guy in the back....way back, doing the speed limit or under:(

I have got the same mpg out of mine as well it did drop to 43 to 47 mpg with the upgrades I have done

Good on ya rocket51, glad to hear another rocket lover is amongst us.

I might get me one of those touring versions one day. I reckon a blood and bone touring with a supercharger would be a great bike to own.

BUBZ, if you read me admitting that I love the blood and bone colour, dont hold it against me.:D

Back