I have the worst flippin' luck with tires!

IdahoRenegade

.060 Over
Ride
Previously-2012 Rocket Roadster
Last week I walked out of work to discover a flat rear tire on my R3R. Oh well, I had a plug kit and 12V compressor. Plugged the tire and made it home. The tire was pretty well worn out so I ordered a new one (Excedra Max) at my favorite local shop (Mikes Powersports in Spokane). Pulled the rear wheel over the weekend and spent some time cleaning and polishing while it was off the bike. Monday I strapped it to the back of my Tiger, rode to work, then rode to the shop and had it mounted. On the way home...the Tiger started handling oddly...wait...I know that feeling. Yep, another flat, a 16 penny nail sticking out of the back tire. Worst part is that I had left my tools and compressor home on the Rocket. Got ahold of a friend that gave me a lift and got it on the next night (still need to do the Tiger)... Not a horrible deal, but 2 flats in one week? Give me a break!

Last week I walked out of work to discover a flat rear tire on my R3R. Oh well, I had a plug kit and 12V compressor. Plugged the tire and made it home. The tire was pretty well worn out so I ordered a new one (Excedra Max) at my favorite local shop (Mikes Powersports in Spokane). Pulled the rear wheel over the weekend and spent some time cleaning and polishing while it was off the bike. Monday I strapped it to the back of my Tiger, rode to work, then rode to the shop and had it mounted. On the way home...the Tiger started handling oddly...wait...I know that feeling. Yep, another flat, a 16 penny nail sticking out of the back tire. Worst part is that I had left my tools and compressor home on the Rocket. Got ahold of a friend that gave me a lift and got it on the next night (still need to do the Tiger)... Not a horrible deal, but 2 flats in one week? Give me a break!

Awe that's chicken scratch.....
New Excedra max. One week in, small screw, plug it..... within a month, BIG screw, plug it (out in the middle of bfe of course w/2 45 gr co2 cartridges @ $10 a piece)....... one week later spit out plug, 2 more 45 gr co2's in bfe...... 2 weeks later, another screw in the other end of bfe......... another new Excedra max :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Stop complaining, from what we hear from other married captains on this forum they rarely or never get given a screw, 'correctly fitted', free or otherwise!

They only have their own 'loose' ones!;):D

Stop complaining, from what we hear from other married captains on this forum they rarely or never get given a screw, 'correctly fitted', free or otherwise!

They only have their own 'loose' ones!;):D
A young boy and his father were in a store when they walked past a rack of condoms. Being a curious young lad, the boy asked his father, "What are these things daddy?" His dad said, "Condoms son." The boy asked, "Why do they come in packs of 1,3, and 12?" The dad replied, "The packs with one are for the high school boys, one for Saturday night, the ones with three are for the college boys, one for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and the ones with twelve in them are for the married men, one for January, one for February, one for March...."

Flats are a giant pain, for sure! I've had 2 on the rear of my 2013 R3R, and both while cruising at a nice clip! I'm also upset by having to take up my bag space with plugs, tools, and an air compressor. I've got roadside assistance on my insurance, but no tow company in this area knows anything about loading and transporting a motorcycle with a flat tire!

Back