I have my flame suit on.....

evomind

.060 Over
I know its been covered before, but since the bike is relatively new, I decided to start my own thread......
I was at the Honda shop the other day and I think the new f6b looks awesome. So much better than the pics. Very comfy bike but I like the slick lines. Too bad that Honda 6 doesn't make any real power or torque like a R3 or I would seriously consider it.

Before you guys flame me too hard, Ive owned just abt every super sport bike since the 90s but as Im getting older those bikes don't agree with my back anymore so the R3 is my compromise. Something I can ride all day and still have some performance fun on it.

Anyway, I think its a very cool bike and in a couple years when Im ready for something different, hopefully they will punch that engine out just a bit and make it a little more exciting from a performance stand point.

Carry on.....

I'm not much on all the plastic, nor the luggage, as I'm not a touring guy.

A couple of guys at my local bar have those Goldwings without all the furniture. I do like they way the look, with all the exposed engine, but they just don't compare power-wise. Can't imagine it would be hard for Honda to make a 200 HP version.

MarvinM

I saw an F6B in the flesh the other day. Didn't look quite as stupid as in the pics/ads but it still looks like a combi van, albeit with roof chopped. Made worms seem pretty appetising, but I guess I can see the appeal.

Honda makes great bikes
I have three
But the day I have to give up my rocket
Ill go buy a Pontiac solstice gxp
Hell ill never get rid of the rocket bury it with me
Or what's left of it :D

Honda makes great bikes
I have three
But the day I have to give up my rocket
Ill go buy a Pontiac solstice gxp
Hell ill never get rid of the rocket bury it with me
Or what's left of it :D

well im not saying im ready to give up the Rocket quite yet, but I cant keep anything "fore ever." Heck I might own both some day, or something else entirely.
Ive probably owned about 17 bikes in the last 20 years, and ive probably been through as many cars.
I have never driven the "perfect" car or bike yet.
Variety is the spice of life

I saw the F6B, which I guess stands for flat six bagger, several months ago. It reminded me of a PC800 on steroids.

I snapped a few pics and forwarded them to a friend of mine who bleeds Honda red, and he turned his nose up at it. I was suggesting it as a replacement to his 1993 ST1100, so it seemed like a good match.

The F6B looks to me like an attempt to resurrect the idea behind the Valkyrie. Take the Goldwing, strip off a good bit of the weight, take away some of the modern amenities, and hope someone will buy enough of them to warrant production.

It was the Valkyrie that first steered me to the Rocket III Touring. The Valkyrie was a great bike for its purpose, and I suspect that the F6B will be similarly nice for its purpose.... but it ain't no Rocket III.

Back