I got two words for you! I'm from Delaware

Cyclops66

Standard Bore
Ride
KTM450
I have been interested in the R3 for a while. So.. long story short I was looking for an R3 this spring and then drifted to an adventure bike search. Well I went up to QuakerCity in PHL and Bobs in Balt. Salesmen where great and informative. Not many bikes in stock at Bobs but nice stuff. Those 28k GSA's are very impressive. So I decide to actually sit on one for 5 minutes on center stand. Can't do it knees don't bend as easy and hips dont take up any on the slack from knees. The tiger 1200 impresses me more than the r1250gs. So after feeling like an adventure bike wont cut it and maybe harley time i test fit the 2022 R3 wow what a nice piece that thing is. So I have a super tenere to test ride and a police harley which was nice and heavy and probably an R3 I see a few 2016-2018 rocket X and Black with white stripes that look nice. The ABS touring would probably fit my needs best in the R3 world. The 10k oil changes and wide service intervals interest me. The harley 2016 police is cherry with low miles and has hydraulic lifters so no service there other than oil. (my uncle has one and wants me to be his oil dripping wing)
..... skip to here if you are smart.... I may end up on an R3.
If you have something in the later years 2016-2018 R3 black with white stripes touing model a plus. let me know Anywhere from harrisburgh to orlando is within a pickup distance. Ill be poking around in here fellas and ladies . Oh yea I want to do at least one ironbutt 1000 and if the bike is right and the seating posistion addresses the agony I will do a 50 coast to coast (50cc). Hence the fuel tank range is important as well as comfort. THX JR

I did my Iron Butt qualifier on my 05 Standard (Classic conversion). IBA #54758

1666188820884.png

WELCOME! I've a done a couple "Iron Butt" range rides... the most recent was August 21 on my '14 R3T. I have knee and hip issues... but "Fiona" made it feel easy(er). That last Iron Butt trip, I just rode until I got tired (unplanned)... that turned out be about 1015 miles later. Honestly, they all sound like winners. Pick your favorite and GO!!!!
-MIG

Meet Fiona...
Fiona.jpg

Welcome from Christchurch New Zealand. I'm going to suggest you get your arse on a Rocket 3 GT...the feet are forward...heated grips...wider seat...passenger backrest ...flyscreen. I have the Triple Black GT. I'm 6ft 1" and go about 240-250 lbs and have a crook right knee and lower back problems and recently did a round trip. The ride home was about 240 miles and i didn't get uncomfortable at all. I find the sitting position is much like sitting on a lounge chair...especially with some luggage behind your back. The Panniers hold a decent amount of luggage and with the small 'makeup' bag on the passenger seat its great.I also have the rear rack which i can fit a small bag with rain gear....good luck choosing...

Back