BigNorm

Boobie Inspector
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
I was so excited to get my 4 bungs in the mail today I immediately headed to the hardware store to get some M10x1.25 pitch bolts. I have learned it is **** hard to find these bolts with Allen heads. If I were to make risers again I would buy two m10x1.25 bungs for the bottom of the risers and two m10x1.50. You see the 1.25 pitch is uncommon. I was able to find 1.25 pitch with a hex head and that will help to keep the threads clean. Luckily I was able to have two bolts special ordered. So if you take on this project be warned. Use m10x1.5 or better yet good old 'Merican 3/8s bolts. :confused:

Metric fine thread bolts are like hen's teeth for sure but, they are fine threaded for a reason, the stand up to vibration far better than coarse. Also, socket headed cap screws tend to be higher tensile than regular hex head bolts.

Hmmm If it were I and I was buying my own bungs with threads and bolts that I choose Then SAE would be what I went with. Of course after hearing so much about the touring's tendencies to wobble at higher speeds. I and I was looking to go up in Height I would consider a different base that might incorporate a radial steering stabilize. I never really paid much attention to the touring and whats on the bars by the stem (I think less as there is no gauges) But I bet something like a GPR damper would work well on it. taller but a base mount like this

v4-kit.jpg

One am am working on for the standard Rockets

P9270024.JPG

Yes Warp, please keep us informed! Ha, remember the old days, when you had a big knob you could tighten? Telling my age I know:)

I was so excited to get my 4 bungs in the mail today I immediately headed to the hardware store to get some M10x1.25 pitch bolts. I have learned it is **** hard to find these bolts with Allen heads. If I were to make risers again I would buy two m10x1.25 bungs for the bottom of the risers and two m10x1.50. You see the 1.25 pitch is uncommon. I was able to find 1.25 pitch with a hex head and that will help to keep the threads clean. Luckily I was able to have two bolts special ordered. So if you take on this project be warned. Use m10x1.5 or better yet good old 'Merican 3/8s bolts. :confused:

What length bolts do you need? JBQ stocks 40MM, 50MM, 100MM & 120MM in M10-1.25 Allen head

Back